• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Monitor most resembling 2408WFP?

geraltofrivia

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2012
Messages
409
I'm used to the artificially saturated colors of this monitor; the reds/greens of other monitors seem bleached. I'm looking to get a 27" 1600p monitor with similar qualities. It seems like most 1600p monitors are directed towards professional work and color accuracy, which is not a priority for me. What would be the closest monitor in this regards to the 2408WFP?
 
2408WFP is a pretty much what you said you're not too concerned about. From anandtech, "Taking a quick look at color accuracy and gamut, the overall color accuracy is exceptional."

Also, I think 1600p is only available in 30" size. I went with a Dell U2711, but it has that funky anti-glare coating that some people hate with a passion.
 
Last edited:
You might want to research the new Samsung PLS display. It is a new panel technology with many pros from both IPS and TN panels.
 
Thanks I'll check those out. It's a shame 16:10 displays are becoming rare - in terms of productivity vertical space just feels more useful. I hope the 2408 lasts me another few months or so. When I turn it on there are there vertical lines that gradually disappear after about 20 minutes or so. At first it was just one line but now there are 6 or 7. They always appear in the same place. If anyone else has experienced this, does it get to a point when those lines become permanent?
 
the power buttons on my two 2407's have fallen off, and the usb hub no longer works. my screen is still going strong though (i do have monitors turn off after 10 minutes).
 
the power buttons on my two 2407's have fallen off, and the usb hub no longer works. my screen is still going strong though (i do have monitors turn off after 10 minutes).

Yeah I've only ever had Dell LCDs and they've held up well. Hoping these lines continue to disappear after a few minutes and it doesn't get worse.
 
Back
Top