Monitor making high pitch noise

furocious

Weaksauce
Is it unusual for my 19*inch 17*viewable AOC monitor to make a high pitch "eeee" at certain resolutions? I kid you not. At 1152x864 the screen gets a weird rainbow like spread coming from all four corners, and a high pitch noise. I normally use 1280x960, but i've been reading that perhaps the reasons for my sore eyes lies somewhere in my 60hz refresh rate. So i tried lowering it to get over 75hz, and it made a funny, equally if not more-so irritating side-affect.

Is my monitor brokenededed, or just not made for this resolution?

I am guessing that would be a CRT monitor. My Viewsonic (Barely two years old) E70f+ does the same thing. But not quite as bad, it is why I ordered a 2005fpw, though. From what little research I did, it is something to do with the tube. Well, I take that back. I heard two or three possibilities. One was that on one of the circuit boards somewhere (I didn't fully understand this one) a connection needed to be re-soldered, and it was loose thus making the horrible noise. The other was that the tube was going bad.

I didn't know what was wrong with mine, but I decided I didn't feel like going through the trouble of getting a CRT fixed or replaced. It's been doing it for a good six months. Also, if yours is like mine, you can change the tilt of the monitor, and it will stop making the noise. I just keep something on top of it and if it starts making the noise I will move the thing forward, or back. That will take care of it for a few minutes anyway.

my current monitor is a compaq mv940, ive had it for about 4 years and its been making the same high pitched noises for about 3 months?

its really annoying and hurts my ears sometimes, anyway theres nothing you can do really..try smacking it, or lower the refresh rate to 70..

That ringing happens in my CRT too sometimes but, only when the refresh rate is too high. If you lower the refresh rate on it it goes away.

smacking it does work. my old monitor did it, so I'd smack it and it'd stop for awhile.

it broke after awhile. smack it like your smacking your GF ass. hmm... guess that's why i broke it... shit :p

Mine did that right before it exploded....

Ok well maybe not. But yes it made a bad annoying whining noise right before it died, actually it made the noise for like a month, then died.

My A90f just started doing this about a week ago. Going to have to replace it when i can afford to as it drives me absolutely nuts. Very high pitch, very faint, just enough to slowly give me a headache.

My old OptiQuest V95 (which is my main monitor at home) has started doing the same thing. Sometimes it happens when it thinks the refreash rate is too high. I've also noticed that sometimes I get the sound when I open something like a web page or new office doc, where the screen is mostly white. When I close the page or doc, it is fine.

It infrequent, but annoying enough for me to be looking at a new monitor.

Back