• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Monitor LED Backlight Issue

Teckademic

n00b
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
4
The Monitor is a Dell ST2420L. I got it last year as a gift from my fiance and it is past its warranty. Last week I turned on my computer and noticed the backlight was having issues. It was casting a noticeable shadow on the bottom right of the screen. Since it was out of warranty their wasn't much I thought I could do.

Today it had no backlight. If I shined a flashlight onto my screen I could barley notice that it was showing. I decided to take apart the monitor and see what the issue was.

I noticed that the backlight connector was rather loose, I tried to push it in but that didn't help. I went to pull it out and noticed that it came right out with the connector is was plugged into.

Now im thinking there is no way to repair this monitor. Any tips?

Here are pictures.
http://imgur.com/a/pfCHT

Thank you for looking into this.
 
It's hard to tell from the photos, but....

That looks like the plastic guide that accepts the connetor, it has no effect on the operation of the backlight, the metal contacts are still there. Just make sure you put that guide back in so that they will align better, and you won't damage a connector pins so easily.

But I doubt that was the problem, the connector and contacts look normal.


EDIT: I can't tell, are there pins still on the board where the piece came out that the connector can slip on to?
 
Back
Top