• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Monitor issue?

soldierblue

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
358
The reason I'm posting this is because I had a similar issue with a known bad display on this same machine 6+ months ago. It'd be quite the coincidence,

Basically, the display just goes blank for several seconds and comes back on. The display driver does not crash. I do not hear the sound indicating that a device is unplugged either, so the system thinks the monitor is still connected.

It's usually for just a few seconds, I do not see any message that the signal has been lost and if it continues long enough, I'm able to turn the display off then back on and it'll work. I've had similar issues with it for some time where I'll be in-game and I'll go to set the resolution to it's native res and the display will go blank until it times out and reverts to the previous settings.

Just looking for a second opinion here, what do you guys think?
 
Back
Top