• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor Is fuzzy at higher resolutions???

AZBOOSTIN

Gawd
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
890
I just got a new monitor its a compaq 22" model P1220 Everything seems to be okay execpt for when i go anything above 1024 like 1280x1024 its fuzzy and hard to read stuff? If i set the refresh higher the worse it gets any ideas????
 
I have a 2060u which is the same as the P1220. I do notice slight degrading of text quality at different resoutions/refreshrates but i've found that if i turn contrast down to 60 or so for desktop use i have no problems reading anything, in fact its quite sharp that way. There is also a "text mode" that you can turn on, but all that does is reduce contrast so its a tad pointless.

Another thing it might be is the moire cancel setting, if you have that set too high it can blur things up pretty bad, i keep mine at 0.
 
Hmm Still doesnt help.. Even is games its alittle lburry... Could it be cause of my cable? it almost shadows the test... and makes me feel like im wearing somoenes glasses
 
AZBOOSTIN said:
Hmm Still doesnt help.. Even is games its alittle lburry... Could it be cause of my cable? it almost shadows the test... and makes me feel like im wearing somoenes glasses

If you are getting any sort of "ghosting". . . then yes, that can be the cable. Make sure you don't have any "extension" cables attached to your primary VGA cable. You probably don't want a VGA cable any longer than six feet. . . and don't double them up with "extenders."

You might also try adjusting the convergence on your monitor. Poor convergence can make text look blurry. But, convergence and "focus" aren't really the same thing.
 
I just found out these monitors have a hidden factory mode, once enabled it gives access to a crapload of new adjustments including screen focus. I thought my text was sharp before but after fiddling around with that its even better, theres also a color bias option that i used to fix a red tint my 2060u was displaying on grey colors. :)

Unfortunetly i don't know exactly how to do this with the P1220, i only found info for the 2060u and VX1120. I'm sure it can't be much different though.

2060u: Hold the OSD button while turning on the monitor, release your finger from OSD and you will see the number 0 pop up on your screen. Now press the minus button once and you should see the number 255, then press the + button until it shows the number 5, then press OSD again and factory mode will now be enabled.

VX1120: Same as above except after you get to number 5 press the down arrow button instead of OSD.
 
Hey I got it to work but I dont know how to set the focus under f1 there is just a bunch of letters and numbers u can select any ideas?
 
Ok ya the labeling of the settings in factory mode is kinda weird, i still don't know what most of them do. So far i've figured out G9: DBFH AMP is for focus, and GA to GD are for color bias.

As for not being able to to adjust anything now you actually still can, but yes it does make the OSD menu dissapear for some reason. When it dissapears keep pressing the + and - buttons and you'll notice you can still make adjustments when its invisible.. slightly annoying but i've already learned to deal with it.
 
cool thanks doesnt look like it helps much if any but tits kinda cool... anyway to set the monitor back to factory????
 
Theres an ALL RESET option in the settings, that should do it.

and yes tits are kinda cool. :D
 
You think your picture is blurry? Try a .31 dot pitch monitor or worse. My Grandpa bought me a 21" monitor from Boeing Surplus for 20 bucks and when I got it home and hooked up I thought I had my AA turned on, but then I was like wait a minute AA doesn't work in 2D mode. The monitor works fine for playing games in high resolution but if I had to read a book or something on this it would probably kill my eyes. Of course mine doesn't get worse at higher resolutions but I've heard anything beyond .31 dot pitch is horrid.

BTW, if you live in Washington and have a friend who works for Boeing, they are getting rid of all their old monitors they used for CATIA (Boeing's CAD type program, not sure on spelling but sound it out and thats what the programs called.) and thats why the monitor was only 20 bucks.

I talked to a guy I work with about dot pitch and he told me about a place he used to work that there was a 14" .51 dot pitch monitor and people bought it even though he told them not to. He said it was like reading a news paper it was so blurry.
 
Back
Top