• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor has a single vertical green line?

M0rph3us

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 5, 2002
Messages
3,702
I am just posting here to see if I am out in left field with my diagnoses of this problem. Sometimes when I turn it on is has a single vertical line on the left side of the screen. I am thinking it has to be the inverter, is there anything else it could possible be? I mean the monitor is kinda old, but I really like it and would rather not have to go buy a new one. I believe I have had it for almost 4 years now. Is it even worth trying to fix or should I just trash it and buy a new one?

Monitor is an Asus VH242H. I know it's not my PC as I have a TV hooked up as a screen as well to watch movies on and it doesn't show the same green line. Help please.

Thanks


Edit: Forgot to add that if I tap the left side of the monitor with my knuckles on the bezel it goes away?
 
I had the same issue but at the end it was the graphics card. Id suggest you try a different monitor and see if the same vertical line is appears.

p.s if the line disappears upon pressure then i don't know lol
 
Well I have a second screen plugged into the same graphics card that does not have the same line....I might check and see if I switch the inputs if the line appears on the second screen.
 
Definitely the monitor. Still happens even with a new cable and different input. Also still happens on the black screen for inputs when nothing is plugged in. Off to go find a new monitor I guess.
 
I had a laptop did that, I think it was an intermittent where the ribbon cable attached to the panel, same thing, you could smack it with your finger and it went away, except I had about 3/4" all different colors
 
Back
Top