monitor goes to standby on boot, vista

AMDOPTY

Gawd
hello,

when i try to boot my computer into vista it will load all of the drivers (i have the text/diagnostic startup enabled), however when before i get into the login screen the monitor cuts off and goes into standby.

i figured it was a driver issue and try to boot into safe mode and the computer restarts every time it gets to the login screen.

at this point i think that it's a hardware issue with my 7950gx2 so boot into my XP partition that i use for games and everything works fine

back to the driver issue then, a system restore from the vista disk doesn't fix anything. the only solution i see is somehow deleting the drivers directly from the vista partition through my xp partition, then reinstalling them.

anyone else have any other solutions for my problem. the vista install is very new and i can reformat, but thats a last resort

thanks in advance

Try turning down your OC and see if that makes a difference.

just tried that, thanks but nothing different.

i can hear all of the sounds that vista makes so i managed to login and after 5 minuted, before i could uninstall the nvidia drivers the monitor turned off again.

looks like i have 5 minutes to get in there and uninstall my display drivers then restart.......:(

upon restarting the comp and rebooting into vista, everything loads up fine like nothing happened........:eek:

Which Vista drivers are you using? Older 100.xx had problems with the monitor not turning on after coming out of sleep - this is slightly different, but you might try uninstalling the drivers and installing newer ones before your 5 minute window is closed :)

I got this problem on my monitior. Its a Viewsonic VX2025. Happens with both my systems and vista, ones geforce 8800 based the other ATI Radeon x1650 based. It always does it over DVI, only solution i got is i'm using VGA on my main rig and run the other headless. :(

it was pretty wierd, for the 5 minutes i could get into vista my nvidia control panel was telling me that the maximum resolution of my 22in monitor was something really wierd like 23x1024.

now after i rebooted everything is perfect

I am currently struggling with this issue. The problem occurs when you isntall the video drivers. It will run fine if I remove video drivers and use the standard VGA adapter driver. But when I install nVidia drivers, upon reboot when the login screen should appear the monitor goes into sleep mode.

I've tried several drivers versions, no go. The problem persists if I have the 7800GTX in or the 8800GTS. Same issue. Meanwhile, if I put WinXP back on, everything is normal. I have updated my mobo bios incase there was a power management issue but it didn't help. I'm guessing it is some driver issue. I had hoped if I stuck with eVGA and nVidia components they would all play nice, but I was wrong :(

My system: eVGA 680i LT SLI / Intel E6600 / 2 gig ram / eVGA 8800GTS etc

ADDED: I'm using a Viewsonic V2025XW or whatever. And another thing, Viewsonic has never had "signed" drivers for this monitor in XP or Vista. I've tried the unsigned drivers for Vista and it did not fix the issue.

Back