• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor for Xbox 360

Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
2
Ooooooookay... So, I've done a lot of research about this subject and I have only been able to find bits and pieces about the things I want. Most important thing first is price range, I'm not looking to spend more than $300. I'm looking to use this purely for an Xbox 360, nothing else. I'm also not interested in using a TV instead. That being said, Xbox 360's only output 60 Hz. My first question is, should I disregard all 120Hz monitors? I have no intentions on future proofing this monitor because I don't feel like shelling out the money to, so I don't see why it would be necessary to have the 120Hz. Next, I plan on primarily playing FPS games, so I'm aware I want low input lag, and response times. I'd prefer a 24" screen, but would gladly settle for a 27". Next debate is IPS over TN. There are so many fanboys that support each side I can't figure out fact from opinion. And I've never used an IPS for myself. But from what I can tell, an IPS monitor will basically be out of my price range. I believe I've covered most of my basis, so any opinions, suggestions, and recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a lot folks.
 
No point in 120hz if you're using a 360. Do you have one of the newer 360's with HDMI? If you don't you'll want to get a monitor that has VGA support and get the VGA adapter for 360.

You could get an IPS for that much but considering you want it solely for gaming and input lag and response time are important to you I would go with a TN.

I would look for something with a 2 ms response time and 1920x1080 native resolution.

I have used this one with my 360 before. The picture quality and response times are great, the only thing I don't like about it is that it isn't VESA mountable, but that probably isn't a problem for you.
http://www.amazon.com/Viewsonic-VX2453MH-LED-24-Inch-Ultra-thin-Widescreen/dp/B004LXK8LI/
ViewSonic VX2453MH-LED is $200 on amazon.
24"
2 ms response time
Both VGA and HDMI connections
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, I have HDMI on my Xbox. I was thinking the same thing about TN monitors. IPS just seems to put it out of my price range. I've seen a few cheaper IPS monitors but I don't know if it's actually worth it. You're right about the VESA mounting not being important to me =p I mostly want a monitor for traveling purposes and lack of space. Thank you, I'll definitely look into that monitor! Does anybody else have any suggestions? =D
 
There are many 23-27" 1080p IPS options available for <300$

The Asus VG23AH is the best 23-24" IPS, unless one has 400$ to spend on an Eizo Foris FS2333. Some people can see the passive 3D filter in the form of faint grey lines on white backgrounds, but the effect is still better/less noticeable than the severely grainy matte coating the Dell U2312HM uses.

There are plenty of good 27" options with similar performance:

Acer S275HL (glossy, the overdrive needs to be deactivated in the service menu)
HP 27xi (glossy, Cnet has a review)
LG IPS277L
Viewsonic VX2770

Read more about the 27" IPS options (except for the HP 27xi it's new) here

Overclock.ru reviewed the IPS237L and VX2370 and neither were as good as the Asus VG23AH or their 27" big brothers.
 
Back
Top