Monitor for PS3

itachi183

Limp Gawd
Hey, I need a 24" to 26" 1080p or 1200p with 1:1, true 8bit or static dithered (no temporal or spatial), none PWM flickering monitor for a ps3. I currently have a dell 2209w it's 1680x1050, and the ps3 stretches the image.

I recently found this:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2440l.htm

Which seems to be almost perfect, except after researching here I'm finding out it does have PWM. Or supposedly it's a "lottery" if you get one with it or not. I may take the chance.

Can you guys suggest me any other monitors based on my requirements? Any that are PWM free and true 8 bit, or static dithered would be fine I'll look up the rest. It's hard to find ones like this.

Last edited:
bump (sorry)

Hey, I updated the post to be a bit more specific on what I'm trying to find for it.

The Dell u2713hm is the best answer I can think of. It's 1440p, but 720p as most PS3 games use should have so scaling artefacts since it just 2x2s the pixels. It's 16:9 (same as PS3 input), native 8bit (no dithering) and *gasp* has no PWM. It's kind of expensive, but keep in mind that PWM-free monitors without dithering are rare and don't come cheaper. So it's kinda your only choice.

I had the exact same requirements as you when looking for a monitor, and have been researching PWM-free monitors for some time. I will be getting one myself this week.

Last edited:
Thanks, that looks like a great monitor! But dang that is expensive.

They may be coming out with a 24" of it later next year as well.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I get bothered by monitors that dither that I'm sure of after testing abunch out, I never tried a wled monitor yet but I heard they have that PWM flicker which is almost the same thing as dithering, so I'm wary to try one out.

If only they spent money on OLED instead of this wled stuff.

I'm still considering this S2440l, all the reviewers who got it reported no PWM, but then almost all the users who got it reported it did do it! Why do they have to make this so complicated.

Back