Monitor for photo/video editing?

Nosenuggets45

Limp Gawd
I have a TN panel, but I need something with much better color accuracy, not to mention, higher resolution. (My XPS 15 with the 1080p screen has really spoiled me)

Here is what I need:
- IPS (best color accuracy/representation for the price)
- 22"-26"
- 1080p or 1920 x 1200 (Preferably the second, but I can deal with 1080p
- Under $350
- Response time decent enough to game

I'd prefer to have the monitor around 24" or so, since I sit close to my monitor and would rather have a higher DPI than screen size.

I've heard great things about the Dell Ultrasharps, but any other suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

You may raise the budget a little bit higher to meet minimum requirement of color management in cooperation with Soft-Proofing standard. For PA231W( Standard sRGB Gamut) as the reference monitor with NEC Spectraview software package, it will be the huge improvement from your current laptop screen. Or you could choose the cheaper variations for similar functionality, like refurbished 2490WUXI2.

All Dell Ultrasharp series have 12 bit Processing 8 bit LUT instead of 12 bit LUT, which is not true in terms of ST6028 Feature.( with reference to STMicroelectronics website)

IPS has nothing to do with colour accuracy, see Gatehouse:

You may raise the budget a little bit higher to meet minimum requirement of color management in cooperation with Soft-Proofing standard. For PA231W( Standard sRGB Gamut) as the reference monitor with NEC Spectraview software package, it will be the huge improvement from your current laptop screen. Or you could choose the cheaper variations for similar functionality, like refurbished 2490WUXI2.

Absolutely agree.

All Dell Ultrasharp series have 12 bit Processing 8 bit LUT instead of 12 bit LUT, which is not true in terms of ST6028 Feature.( with reference to STMicroelectronics website)

Thank you for the information. Are you referring to STDP6028?

Back