• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor for Mac mini

Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
1
I just bought a Mac mini but I now need a monitor. I live in Vietnam and the choices are very, very limited. I was to buy an ASUS VK278Q but a review on Amazon says it is not fully compatible with Apple; the only other 27-inch choice is Philips 273E3LHSB but only one store has it in Saigon (they won't ship where I live and it is a 800 km return trip - this is Vietnam!). Locally (in the big city of Nha Trang) I found four (4) only 24-inch monitor. I checked all 4 reviews online, but these reviews are for the PC crowd. One monitor is Dell P2412H. It looks just perfect to me. But, again, does anyone know if there could be some incompatibilities with Mac mini...? :confused:
 
I read that some new mac mini people were having some issues with certain monitors, but expect that is due to a display driver issue, and only if they use certain types of output. By rights, all monitors should be compatible with the mac mini ... it's simply providing a signal to the monitor, like any other pc.

I have the 2011 model, use Win 7, and never had any issues connecting to any monitor. I've used both the enclosed mini hdmi to DVI connector, as well as a minidisplay port to DVI adapter.

When I owned a Dell 2412, it worked fine with the 2011 mini. I had other issues with it (AG coating and some bleed) but there were no connection issues. Maybe sites like Mac Rumors can help provide info on the 2012 mini and possible display issues -- afraid I can only offer info on the 2011 version I own.

Edit: Also just realized if you are going to use a 1440p display, you will either need to make sure it goes through the display port, or you will probably need a dual link DVI adapter (not sure if the 2012 version needs it or not). That could be one reason for incompatibilities with certain monitors.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top