• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Monitor for FPS gaming on xbox 360

VinnyChase

n00b
Joined
Sep 4, 2009
Messages
8
I'm looking for a 22-24" monitor exclusively for FPS gaming on my xbox 360. Budget @$250. Since the 360 doesn't run at 120Hz should I discount all 120Hz monitors entirely? I ask because it seems that most of the newer models that I see coming out are 120Hz and I wonder if they have benefits over older 60Hz monitors - i.e. response time, input lag, color accuracy, etc - that the 360 could take advantage of. Appreciate model suggestions.
 
Last edited:
Why would you want a monitor exclusively for an XBox instead of an HDTV for the same price? You'll likely bet able to get something much bigger, especially if you consider a DLP set...

The above isn't a rhetorical question, as I'm genuinely curious.
 
Last edited:
The video source needs to support a refresh rate of 120 Hz in order to take full advantage a 120 Hz LCD monitor. So buying a 120 Hz monitor would be pointless unless you're gaming on a PC that can run games at frame rates that high. Here's a good example of why a 120 Hz LCD is pointless for a 60 Hz source (go to the "120 Hz Technology" section and scroll down to see what I mean): http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/samsung_2233rz.htm
 
Back
Top