arcaneinsomniac
n00b
- Joined
- Jul 22, 2011
- Messages
- 40
I'd like to have a computer which is a part of a monitor. If I can fit an i3, a sata3 SSD and an H67 board into a tiny tiny miniITX enclosure I should also be able to include a monitor with that computer in a reasonably sized package. However the only way to do this that I have encountered is to backpack an enclosure which has supports to a VESA mount on the back of a monitor. This will accomplish the task, but results in something that is irregularly shaped and awkward looking, and which also requires two power cables. That shouldn't be necessary when the entire PC uses under 100W of power. A cable splitter is easy enough to get but my other points still stand.
Are there any options available to builders like me? I would love to be able to build something that can compete with these nice all in one PC's that manufacturers have been making recently by sticking a sandy bridge and 550MB/s SSD's into an enclosure like this.
Here's an example of a monitor all-in-one pc http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mc=OTC-Froogle-_-Desktop+PC-_-ASUS-_-83220054
Now i imagine one that can fit a miniITX will be a bit thicker than this but that's fine. the question is, is somebody even working on bringing such a design to market?
Are there any options available to builders like me? I would love to be able to build something that can compete with these nice all in one PC's that manufacturers have been making recently by sticking a sandy bridge and 550MB/s SSD's into an enclosure like this.
Here's an example of a monitor all-in-one pc http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mc=OTC-Froogle-_-Desktop+PC-_-ASUS-_-83220054
Now i imagine one that can fit a miniITX will be a bit thicker than this but that's fine. the question is, is somebody even working on bringing such a design to market?