Monitor Doesn't Come out of standby

Cr@zZy

Limp Gawd
My monitor won't come out of standby until windows loads. I can turn it off and then turn it back on right as the bios load to see the bios screen. But if I don't do that it will just stay in standby until windows. I know its not my motherboard and I cannot decided if this is my video card(XFX 7900GS) or monitor (dell2405) that is causing the problem.

I seem to remember there being a problem with certain dell monitors not coming out of standby...My Dell monitor was suspected to have this problem, but it turned out to be something else...

I seem to remember there being a problem with certain dell monitors not coming out of standby...My Dell monitor was suspected to have this problem, but it turned out to be something else...

Really it would only make sense that it is my monitor. If it comes out of standby in windows... I will give dell a call

My LG204WT does it sometimes... Its really annoying :p heh
-Edit-

Didnt mention that it goes into standby by it self, no less. Playing a game then all of a sudden monitor goes into hibernation.. Restart ftw

it definitely the monitor. I done 2 service call like that w/ HP L2335. There is nothing you can do to repair it. Replace it under warranty

Oh, the something else turned out to be a loose connection somewhere in the monitor. But I feel like an idiot that I can't remember the exact details about this particular problem, as I researched it quite a bit.

it definitely the monitor. I done 2 service call like that w/ HP L2335. There is nothing you can do to repair it. Replace it under warranty

luckily it is still under warranty... I'm calling dell right now. I will let you all know what happens.

Back