monitor doesn't always receive video

jslater25

Limp Gawd
Lately, I've noticed that I'm experiencing a somewhat random issue with my monitor. If my system is completely powered off, and its been cool for a while, when I power it on my monitor doesn't always receive the video signal. It acts like it doesn't receive any signal at all (staying asleep itself).

My monitor is a generic HP w2338h. Computer specs are listed:
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE processor, Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H motherboard, Radeon HD 4670 1G 128bit video card, and Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) OS.

When I have the problem, I have to turn the computer back off (hold the power button), power off the monitor (which was sleeping), and then power on the computer. Once the computer is on, I then turn on the monitor. Sometimes that works and I can then see my video. Other times, I have to do this a couple times in a row (which sucks, since it's bad for the hardware).

Any suggestions about what's wrong? I've done a full system scan with my A/V software (AVG free). I've also tested for errors on the hard drive, which was new when I built this system. All came up clean.

So far, all recommendations that I've found consist of 'turn off and unplug monitor. wait 30 seconds, then plug monitor power back in and power on'.

Guess since there haven't been any updates in this thread, I'll give that a try tonight. Perhaps its as simple as an IRQ conflict or somesuch.

Back