• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor dilemma...

Tahoe916

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
640
So right now I have a watercooled 4870 512MB and a 4350 running 2x 37" LCDs and a 24" Gateway FHD2400.

The Gateway is 1920x1200 and what I do most of my work on, and the 37" LCDs are TV's that are 1366x768 that I leave Outlook, gadgets, Songbird etc. up on.

I love the setup, I love having the gigantic screens and all the real estate to play with. However I want to get a XFX 5870 and have some Eyefinity opticalgasms.

Which means I probably need to get rid of the 37" screens and get some proper monitors. I want to keep 1 37" screen so my GF can watch movies/Hulu/Boxee while I geek out, so I think I'll keep the 4350 just for that monitor.

But that leaves me with choices:

- Should I try Eyefinity with the monitors I have now and just reduce the 24" to 1366x768 (I'm not leaning this way as I think it will look like shit and the bezels will be too far apart.)

- Sell 1 37" LCD and get 2 24" screens?

- Sell the 24" and 37" and buy 3 26"+ screens? (I'm leaning towards this besides the prohibitive cost. But I guess I might as well do it right.

Anyone have any thoughts? Can you recommend a good 26"+ monitor that might have a displayport and isn't $750 a piece?

Thanks for reading!:)
 
I would prefer 3X of the same size and resolution, due to pixel pitch and less hassle with setup. Personally, I am waiting to see how the Samsung MD230 will perform and maybe buy 3X U2410's if the Samsung's isn't good enough.

You can however try out your current setup to get an indication on how using your 37"'s would be in practice by using softTH:
http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/
 
Dang, $1900 for the MD230! That is definitely a sick setup though. If I wasn't buying a house I would buy the 6 screen setup with the Eyefinity6 card in a heartbeat. Good lord that makes me happy in the pants.

Good lookin out on the SoftTH. I'll check that out when I get back from my trip to Dubai. At the very least it will give me a taste of what my current setup would look like. Thanks!
 
Back
Top