Hello,
Quite new here, been reading for a long time, but time to come out with my problem.
I have Samsung 245B, old TN 24inch panel.
I want a new one.
Now, I don't do much of graphics stuff, a bit yes, but nothing professional.
Mostly I do flight simulation, and some usual gaming.
Rest is office stuff.
Now, I heard about IPS, so I decided to start trying them out:
I started with ZR24W - it was too bright, and I was appaled by the glow. I didn't know IPS had that. Knowing IPS was usually earlier a very expensive technology, I was expecting near perfection. Certainly not such side-glow.
Then I got the ZR2440W, which was OK, but I couldn't believe the glow I was getting in the dark. I often fly in Flight Simulator X at night, and this was giving me lots of trouble seeing the instruments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC7V...DvjVQa1PpcFM6ufyVjH9VpoiXDne52XC7nhDweaPa-Cg=
Next I ordered Samsung S24A850, and returned it the next day due to really bad backlight bleed (I was keen to try it out, not minding the Amazon reviews...). Proven to be right.
Next I ordered Dell U2412M to see if maybe that one is going to satisfy me, though due to low price, I remained sceptical...
+ nice picture in general, colors
- contrast not so great (just a bit better than my 245B, visually measured)
+ very nice OSD
- cracking noises from the bezel and the housing after some minutes of usage (I guess warming up, then bezel making little noises) - was used to that from my 245B, but it didn't do it for 10 minutes, but rather only once, HP wasn't doing it at all
- IMO really bad build quality - cheap plastic stand, some rough edges, doesn't look pretty
+ quite responsive
This is what Dell is looking like:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31158446/Dell Glow.JPG
Now, I don't need ANYTHING else on the screen apart from display quality, good blacks and contrast, quite scalable brightness and also good outside quality.
Also I require the picture stability when viewed from the front. I don't need 178degree action, but I want a stable brightness, contrast and color when I lean back in my chair and also when I lean forward. Let's call it 30degree angle.
I am not connecting anything else than DVI from my computer nor am I ever going to connect anything else.
Also not more than 500€, or at least not much more.
If possible, I would also like to maintain 16:10, but if everything else fails, I might get satisfied with 16:9, 1080.
Do you have ANY suggestions for me? Or should I just get ZR2440W back, and live with the glow?
Quite new here, been reading for a long time, but time to come out with my problem.
I have Samsung 245B, old TN 24inch panel.
I want a new one.
Now, I don't do much of graphics stuff, a bit yes, but nothing professional.
Mostly I do flight simulation, and some usual gaming.
Rest is office stuff.
Now, I heard about IPS, so I decided to start trying them out:
I started with ZR24W - it was too bright, and I was appaled by the glow. I didn't know IPS had that. Knowing IPS was usually earlier a very expensive technology, I was expecting near perfection. Certainly not such side-glow.
Then I got the ZR2440W, which was OK, but I couldn't believe the glow I was getting in the dark. I often fly in Flight Simulator X at night, and this was giving me lots of trouble seeing the instruments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC7V...DvjVQa1PpcFM6ufyVjH9VpoiXDne52XC7nhDweaPa-Cg=
Next I ordered Samsung S24A850, and returned it the next day due to really bad backlight bleed (I was keen to try it out, not minding the Amazon reviews...). Proven to be right.
Next I ordered Dell U2412M to see if maybe that one is going to satisfy me, though due to low price, I remained sceptical...
+ nice picture in general, colors
- contrast not so great (just a bit better than my 245B, visually measured)
+ very nice OSD
- cracking noises from the bezel and the housing after some minutes of usage (I guess warming up, then bezel making little noises) - was used to that from my 245B, but it didn't do it for 10 minutes, but rather only once, HP wasn't doing it at all
- IMO really bad build quality - cheap plastic stand, some rough edges, doesn't look pretty
+ quite responsive
This is what Dell is looking like:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31158446/Dell Glow.JPG
Now, I don't need ANYTHING else on the screen apart from display quality, good blacks and contrast, quite scalable brightness and also good outside quality.
Also I require the picture stability when viewed from the front. I don't need 178degree action, but I want a stable brightness, contrast and color when I lean back in my chair and also when I lean forward. Let's call it 30degree angle.
I am not connecting anything else than DVI from my computer nor am I ever going to connect anything else.
Also not more than 500€, or at least not much more.
If possible, I would also like to maintain 16:10, but if everything else fails, I might get satisfied with 16:9, 1080.
Do you have ANY suggestions for me? Or should I just get ZR2440W back, and live with the glow?
Last edited: