Monitor Corner Brackets

Master_Pain

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone make a bracket for monitors to keep the edges together? I use Ergotron monitor arms to move between portrait and landscape easily, but since they are flexible arms, every bump of the desk moves the monitors apart.

Picture Illustrates

Anyone have any ideas? Already visited the local hardware store and nothing looked promising.

This is the constant challenge when you have a multi monitor stand with 3 axis of motion.

I've thought about using those little sticky sided stand-offs on the back and cinching them up with a zip tie, but since I never use portrait, I usually just tough it out until I get them adjusted just right.

You might try velcro, strong magnets or some kind of latch mechanism.

I'd like to see a company introduce a monitor with some sort of built in edge connector so you could attach monitors edge to edge - maybe even add in some signaling or power delivery to make it even more convenient....

Ya, they are very nice, but whenever I bump the desk, it tends to move the monitors a bit.

I'd prefer to use something that looks nice, so tape, zip ties, velcro, etc., is going to be a last resort.

I am seeing if my dad can fab up something for me, it's his hobby now that he retired. I'll post an update if he comes up with something.

If I was going to use something like I described, it would be on the back of the screens - nothing visible.

I actually do think magnets might work - they shouldn't interfere with an LCD (unlike a CRT) and if you rigged up some kind of thin/strong magnet in each corner, it would help the screens lock together. The trick would be to make it strong enough to hold together but weak enough to let you rotate your screens.

If I was going to use something like I described, it would be on the back of the screens - nothing visible.

I actually do think magnets might work - they shouldn't interfere with an LCD (unlike a CRT) and if you rigged up some kind of thin/strong magnet in each corner, it would help the screens lock together. The trick would be to make it strong enough to hold together but weak enough to let you rotate your screens.

Now that I think about it, magnets might work... That's not half a bad idea. I will have to see what I can find. Thanks for the idea!

Back