• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor Calibration

1Wolf

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Messages
439
I just picked up an ASUS VG278H, and it looks like things might be "off" a bit and that maybe it could do with some calibration. The colors look a bit washed out. I've played with the "Splendid" modes and they all seem a bit extreme in one way or another. Either too washed out, or way too contrasted.

I've never calibrated a monitor before and don't know very much about it...I've always just used them as they were, right out of the box.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and an nVidia GTX card.

What do you guys suggest for calibration? Is there a built in Windows tool? Is there built in stuff in the nVidia panel that is generally preferred? Do you prefer an extrenal software package? Do you use a home theater calibration DVD?

I'm hoping to idiot-proof this as much as possible so I don't goof up the colors, brightness, and contrast of my monitor even worse ;)

Thanks!
 
Back
Top