• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Monitor blinks off/on randomly

DangerIsGo

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
3,000
Randomly at various times, my monitor would go from dispalying normally then in a split second it would go black then go back to displaying things and continue for while. Ive never had this happen before. I thought its the monitor, but when it put it on my other monitor, it did the same thing (once..not during the movie I was playing). This started to happen once I got my RAM back (ballistix)..and its currently overclocked but RAM by 20MHz and CPU by 700MHz which isnt a lot compared to what Ive had it at before. I dont think that would be the cuase anyway. My video card (7800GTX XFX) has never given me any problems. Could it be a windows thing? Anyone know what might be causing this? Its really starting to piss me off.
 
Have you tried clocking the gfx card back to stock?
Have you tried the card in another computer?

I would suspect something is up with that card, or maybe the psu.
 
It seemed windows got fucked up majorly, but I dont know how. I kept booting up normally and getting a BSOD only saying ntfs.sys had an error and when doing a safe mode boot, i got a BSOD with a Major Fault Error or somethingl ike that right after the USB keyboard blinked. Ill see how this format goes, so far nothing out of the ordinary (then again, I just started this format.) I hate windows....
 
Um... ntfs.sys having an error and multiple BSODs can also be signs of a failing HDD...
 
I experienced similar anomalies before my HD crashed. I'd start backing up data...NOW.
 
Sounds like time for a Windows install. Thats typically the solution to what ails your PC.
 
Back
Top