• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor black and white now....

EEB

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
64
I have an HD 6870 card and am using 2 of the dvi inputs and for my 3rd monitor I'm using a displayport to dvi adapter. Had zero problems with it since the 19th when I first turned the PC on for the first time. Now today the monitor that I have hooked up with the display port adapter went black and white. I tried uninstalling the drivers for the 6870 and reinstalling them but that didn't do anything. Why did it go black and white? :confused:

EDIT: I just tried hooking up one of the other monitors to the displayport to dvi adapter and it still does black and white. Did the adpater go bad?
 
Last edited:
Check for bent pins on the adapter, also if you played around with the color/brightness settings etc.. or even if you didn't set your settings to default in CCC
 
At this point it's the most likely culprit for your problem.

Guess I will contact Accell...

Check for bent pins on the adapter, also if you played around with the color/brightness settings etc.. or even if you didn't set your settings to default in CCC

I dont see any bent pins. I set the settings to default and still black and white
 
Back
Top