Monitor arm?

filthysanchez

2[H]4U
I'm looking for one like the ergotron neo-flew, but will support a 22" monitor(al2216w), all for under 100 dollars.

I've looked around, and the cheapest similar one I could find was about 150.

Have you looked at an Ergotron LX?

They come in both Dual and Single flavours. Duals run substantially more than the singles, but you can get a single version for well under 100. Only drawback is you might have to wait for a decent deal on eBay (they're there).

Seen a couple of the Duals close at $130~140 myself.

Can probably get a single arm for <$80.

Seen them in use on 20" and 22" panels. They're amazing.

Good luck.

To add: Amazon has these online for $115 free shipping, so I'd think eBay prices would be considerably less than that. http://www.amazon.com/Ergotron-Desk-Mount-Arm-45-179-195/dp/B000BUK7KW while Buy.com with google checkout and free shipping runs at a total of 104.99 http://www.buy.com/prod/Ergotron-LX-Desk-Mount-LCD-Arm-Black/q/loc/111/201981104.html

To also add: I'm not 100% certain, but what it seems from my limited research in the past (was looking for one, but don't need one just yet), you can get a single LX model, and buy an extra arm kit to attach to the vertical base at a later date, but at a certain weight (don't quote me but total of 40 lbs), they recommend no longer using the "clamp" style, and go with a grommet based setup, so if you're looking to hold 2 24" panels in the future find a nice drill hole in your desk.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In the past geeks.com had some great dual monitor arms for $37, but right now they only have the Quad for $55.

I have the quad and am using it with 2 24" Acers and mounted my speakers the 2nd set of mounts.

This arm?

It doesn't say what sizes it supports, but if it can hold 2 24" monitors, I may as well grab one.

Yup, that one.
Here are a few pics of how I have it setup.
Img_0221.jpg

Img_0222.jpg

Img_0223.jpg

speaking of arms, i could use one for my NEC but its 26lbs and anything i found is WAAAY expensive to hold a monitor that heavy:(

I just got my mount in.

It's pretty easy to install, and it's all really thick steel, probably about a quarter inch.

For now I'm just using one monitor, but if I get deferred on my speeding ticket, I'll buy another.

Back