Monarch [H]ot deals Check often!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memory:
1 GB (2 pcs 512) DDR (400) PC-3200 Patriot (PDC1G3200+XBLK)
1 GB (2 pcs 512) DDR2 (1000) PC2-8000 Patriot Extreme Performance (PDC21G8000+XBLK)
1 GB (2 pcs 512) DDR2 (667) PC2-5400 OCZ Special OPS Edition XTC
128 MB Buffalo USB 2.0 Drive $9.00 Limited Time

Video:
ATI (HIS) Radeon X1300 IceQ Turbo 256MB DDR2/AGP-8X/AVIVO/DVI-DL
ATI (HIS) Radeon X1300 Pro Silence 256MB DDR2/PCI-E/AVIVO/DVI-DL
ATI (HIS) Radeon X1900 XT 512MB GDDR3/PCI-E/AVIVO/Dual-DVI-DL
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2/PCI-E/HDTV-Out/DVI

I hope you are fixing the rebates.90 percent are expired.Also,I e-mailed sales about an A64 4000+ and never got an answer whether you have any in stock.

yay for hot monarch deals. Hopefully they will be [h]ot. I still have quite a bit of main hardware to buy to finish my computer.

Pyotr said:
I hope you are fixing the rebates.90 percent are expired.Also,I e-mailed sales about an A64 4000+ and never got an answer whether you have any in stock.
Yes it seems I jumped the gun a bit making a new page I got ahead of the web dept.

I have had nothing but frustration and trouble makinbg my very first order with Monarch Computer. First, I put in a simple order with a a CERTIFIED Pay Pal account. This account I pay extra for to say I'm really who I say I am. Monarch tells me AFTER I make the on-line purchase (with a two day shipping request) that they will take 1 to 2 days to verify my credentials. That's what I pay the extra Pay Pal account for. THEN they says it will typically take 4 to 6 days to even decide to ship my product. Why bother with the two days shipping with that sort of crap?

THEN they ship it Fed-EX (the world worst shipping carrier) and demand a signature no matter what. Gee, most people work when they deliver. So, you have to take a day off from work (costing my a ton of potential income) waiting around for the Fed-Ex driver. They won't just take a "leave it" release form because of Monarch's paranoia. THEN you have a Fed-EX driver that doesn't know how to ring a door bell and just sticks a "this is the second attempt" sticker on your door when you have been waiting for the delivery all day.

I'm pissed, and I am never shopping with Monarch again. It's too much a royal pain in the butt to just make a simple order. GOODBYE Monarch, and you can give me back my money for the useless order I made.

Its not like your being singled out.

Monarch has had this delivery required signature for awhile now; nothing new. By the way, they inform you of this, before you make the purchase.

Don't like their terms? Go somewhere else to shop. Grow up, trying to stir sh** up on their thread, just proves how immature you are.

SuperSparky said:
I have had nothing but frustration and trouble makinbg my very first order with Monarch Computer. First, I put in a simple order with a a CERTIFIED Pay Pal account. This account I pay extra for to say I'm really who I say I am. Monarch tells me AFTER I make the on-line purchase (with a two day shipping request) that they will take 1 to 2 days to verify my credentials. That's what I pay the extra Pay Pal account for. THEN they says it will typically take 4 to 6 days to even decide to ship my product. Why bother with the two days shipping with that sort of crap?

THEN they ship it Fed-EX (the world worst shipping carrier) and demand a signature no matter what. Gee, most people work when they deliver. So, you have to take a day off from work (costing my a ton of potential income) waiting around for the Fed-Ex driver. They won't just take a "leave it" release form because of Monarch's paranoia. THEN you have a Fed-EX driver that doesn't know how to ring a door bell and just sticks a "this is the second attempt" sticker on your door when you have been waiting for the delivery all day.

I'm pissed, and I am never shopping with Monarch again. It's too much a royal pain in the butt to just make a simple order. GOODBYE Monarch, and you can give me back my money for the useless order I made.

I hear the waaaaaahambulance coming. Settle down and have a waaahburger and french cries. :rolleyes: I've had nothing but awesome service for YEARS. =) You must be a sucky customer. You fail at life. :(

SuperSparky said:

seriously, youve had one bad experience. simple regulations to prevent use of stolen cards or information, and prevention of package theft because they were left in front of the door are more common than you think. The fact of the matter is, they havent shipped your order for your protection. And if you think you'll be at work, send it to your work place instead (if possible). Also, anyone in your residence can sign for that package. otherwise, spend a lot more elsewhere for the same product.

SuperSparky said:

Yeah... I had a not-so-great experience with them also. But you know what? A post like this in their [H]otdeals thread doesn't do a thing. It only shows that you're immature. If you actually wanted to have the problem resolved, you'd contact Monarch directly.

No, you just want to complain, and that doesn't help anyone. Potential customers aren't going to see a thread like this and be warned; they're just going to take it for what it is - an immature person showing their inexperience in dealing with real humans, and not having any clue how to get what they want.

But good luck, I know that, if I was Mr. Monarch, I'd just be absolutely clammering to win back your business. :rolleyes:

To continue with a few of the puns, would you like some cheese with your whine?
:p

SuperSparky said:
oh oh oh.. I have a good one for this. I actually made this one myself in photoshop and an episode of chappelle I tivo'd. :p

bye-neggar.jpg

SuperSparky said:
<threadcrap>
That sort of thing does not seem appropriate at all for this thread... if you have a problem, this is not the place to bitch.

Personally, I have had a great experience when I ordered from them.

k.. now back on topic since this is getting wayyy to out of hand. How bout them hot deals. Anything on the 2gb (2x1) Corsair XMS2 Pro ddr2-800? please ;) If it goes below neweggs price of $266, I'll order.

If I may ask, is there any info when the AMD 5000+ (AM2) will be back in stock? I have a friend that has all the parts ready and he's just waiting for that processor.

He currently owns a terrible computer that barely works and he's was all excited to do a full upgrade but its no go without a CPU and I feel terrible for him.

Anyway if you happened to have any information please let me know, I would really appreciate it.:)

Sure, making comments about monarch may not be the nicest thing to do in this thread...

But lets be serious... If anyone of you have had a problem with Monarch, you'd know that their customer service is nearly useless. Half the time no one answers. The other half the customer service people can't fullfill your needs (like a refund for example). I've been waiting 1.5 months for a refund. No one in their customer service knows why its taking so long, and they can't contact the refund department (they claim). Heck, their website forum is useless for order status/refunds also. They give you just one number to call and the people at that number can't even put you through to anyone else. They can't even alleviate many issues. To me, they seem more like Public Relations than customer service... :rolleyes: And don't try to get help at [email protected] . The person that answered my email claimed he would respond to me about my refund issue after he researched it. 7 days later, still no response.

No thanks. I contacted the Better Business Bureau today because of this crap. I may have to wait a while to get my refund... but at least the BBB will be on Monarch's back. Their customer service and refund departments need a kick in the butt. Maybe it will help reform something in their customer service department.... Nah, I'm just dreaming. :rolleyes:

If you are 100% sure you want an item from Monarch, BUY IT. If you are even slightly unsure if you will keep the item, or if its even the right item... DO NOT PURCHASE from them. You'll be stuck in the dark waiting for a refund.
And NO, I am not basing this off of just 1 purchase; I'm basing it on 2.

Reference another person waiting for his/her refund even longer than myself

SuperSparky said:
THEN they ship it Fed-EX (the world worst shipping carrier) and demand a signature no matter what. Gee, most people work when they deliver. So, you have to take a day off from

Try shipping with UPS, having them lose your package, making it has hard as possible for you to collect the insurance you paid for...call up your customer and grill them about whether they received the package they lost (2 - 3 weeks after the fact) and finally calling me to tell me the package really is lost (no kidding? Really? :roll:) and the money is coming (so you refund the customers moneY). But wait perhaps they were wrong, so they call your customer up a day later and tell them the package was delivered to the wrong address and will be redelivered the next day. So you call up UPS them only to find out what's going on...and finally 3 days later after bitching some more, because the lost then found package still hasn't been delivered. At which point customer service says, "No, we told you last week that it's lost."

And that's just one of many UPS screwups. I can't tell you how many times they've missplaced packages in a shipping center for 5 or 6 day. Trust me, UPS is much worse than fedex. There's a reason many were pissed when Newegg switched from FedEx to UPS.

work (costing my a ton of potential income) waiting around for the Fed-Ex driver. They won't just take a "leave it" release form because of Monarch's paranoia. THEN you have a Fed-EX driver that doesn't know how to ring a door bell and just sticks a "this is the second attempt" sticker on your door when you have been waiting for the delivery all day.

You can go to the fedex office and pick up undelivered packages after they bring it back to there. Monarch may not be perfect, but aside from the long wait to ship, everything sounds reasonable, IMO.

I've purchased from Monarch multiple times and everytime the product came and I've had NO Problems. The only major complaint I'm having is with the tech support people who seem to be in a hurry to get you off the phone when you really need help.

As for the UPS/FedEx thing: UPS doesn't seem to be able to find my house (my house is in the back) while FedEx tried to call to confirm if they were at the correct address.

With all the pissing and moaning in this thread I'm not certain a RELEVANT post will be seen, but I'll give it a try none the less.

So, Monarch, I have a quick question for you regarding one of the current deals at the top of the thread. Specifically -

"1 GB (2 pcs 512) DDR (400) PC-3200 Patriot (PDC1G3200+XBLK) $103.50 AR"

Was ready to purchase this, along with a new CPU (4400+ S939), but then noticed that the rebate expired July 31st. Looked at your post, which is dated August 1st. Really doesn't make any sense that you'd post a deal that was already "dead" the day before!

Holding off on CPU purchase until I hear back from you on the above rebate; just trying to avoid multiple shipments.

Regards,
fastgeek

Here's why I am so miffed at this. A lot more has happened to me in relation to this one order that I did leave out, but thought it not necessary to relate (FedEx). All of it centers on Monarch's methods.

FedEx is equally responsible for my nightmare, not just Monarch. Nevertheless, none of it would have happened if I was simply allowed to sign a relase form with delivery instructions for the driver, as every other on-line dealer on the planet allows.

I shop on-line to get my products in a fast an convenient way. If I wanted to drive all around town to pick up my products, then I'd do that. I live in Sourthern California for Pete's sake, everything high-tech is cheap here. I on-line shop for convenience.

When an online company lists various shipping methods, it means you want the product very soon or whenever it decides to arrive. By the way, Monarch's shipping policies are NOT obvious when ordering, so don't give me that BS whoever said that. A company saying "we are a royal pain in the fanny to get your product shipped in a timely and reasonable manner" doesn't bode too well for business. What does it matter with ground or overnight shipping when you are highly unlikely to even have it shipped within the week? Why not have the option to just send it US Mail?

I have been ordering from many different on-line companies for years and have never run into this rediculous situation. You know I might have felt differently about things if they would not have been so stupidly strict on the shipping options. That one key factor was the result of a complete nightmare I had today with FedEx. Not everyone has a full household of people ready and willing to sign for packages at home. Besides, that would not have mattered as FedEx never bothered to ring the door bell. I know, I was waiting for them all day today. Imagine my suprise to walk out the door and see a thingy hanging saying "we missed you" and you've been there all day waiting for them. To top it off, calling and explaining the situation on the phone and they promise to return the same day to deliver, so you take the rest of the day off from work waiting for them on the porch, and they don't show up anyway. So I call FedEx back asking "what the?" and they say too bad and treat you like dirt (I was civil and calm before saying nice things like "thank you" and "I appreciate what you are doing" etc.), but then to get the world's biggest jerk saying on the phone, after explaining I watied all day for them because THEY said they would show up, "too bad, it's your fault we didn't ring the doorbel the first time." Of course, more was said, but that was pretty much the last straw.

I tried to get a hold of Monarch, I have a better chance of playing Pick up Sticks with my butt cheeks than getting a hold of anyone at Monarch to help me.

What irritated me so much wasn't necessarily WHAT happened it was how I was treated when it did happen, both by Monarch and FedEx.

To that guy that said holding and verifying an order was for "my" protection... get a clue, it's for Monarch's not mine. Otherwise they would find a friendlier way to do it than they are currently. Nothing in their existing policy indicates, even remotely, "friendly customer service."

I'd rather pay more for a product than to be treated like dirt. Nevertheless, it's a rare case I do pay more. The first impression for any company is very important for retaining customers. This was the worst first impression from any company I have ever shopped with.

A simple apology goes a long way for me. I got neither from Monarch or FedEx.

How many people would be happy taking a day off of work just to receive a delivery (I earn $33 an hour, that's expensive, so much for Monarch being "cheaper")? I got up early, showered early, everything to make sure I would not miss the FedEx guy when he showed up. I waited patiently and quietly until 1:00pm for them. I did what anyone waiting for someone/something does, I opened the front door to look (fruitlessly I know) for them. To my surprise, there hanging on the door knob was a FedEx notice saying "sorry we missed you at 12:20pm". All I could think then was "what is he, a ninja?" I never heard a knock on the door and he definitely did not ring the door bell. Believe me, I immediately tested it, it works (it wakes the dead). So, I call FedEx, giving my story, calmly and nicely, and they took all of the info, including my phone number and said the guy would return between 2pm and 4pm to make the delivery. I even asked if this was for sure and they said yes, he would return.

So, opened the front door and left it open and waited...and waited. 5pm came by and I called again, and I got the world's biggest jerk telling me it was all my fault I didn;t get the package. He even went so far as to say "if you don't like it, then go to UPS." Had FedEx said they would not have returned the same day, I would have just gone to work and worked the rest of the day, disappointed but happy. They promised and I stayed. They never showed up and then treated me like crap when I called to ask why. That was when my blood temperature was raised, not before. Had the guy just apologized I would have been happy. No, it was my fault his driver went into ninja mode the first time and it was my fault his driver didn't want to return and deliver as he was told to. All my fault.

During the first phone call I asked if I could just have them deliver it where I work. The answer was NO as Monarch's terms were strict.

So, this was just one bad experience after the other and all of it centered on one thing, Monarch's shipping requirements. Had I known it was going to be this much of a nightmare I would have used my work address as the shipping address. Since my experience with online providers has never required this, even those wanting a signature on delivery, it left a severely bad taste in my mouth. I'm not one of those type of people demanding to be serviced. I am very patient and can understand that stuff can happen. I tried everything in my book of "being a nice guy" to try and just simply get my product and got nothing but flack from the minute I placed the order. That is why I posted this here, as this is where I found out about Monarch. I related a bad experience with a company that is obviously being endorsed. To be accused of being "immature" shows a genuine lack of understanding that just because someone is relating a bad experience does not make them immature. I tried the other avenues of complaint and got ignored. Maybe, just maybe, I had a bad experience. I know the concept is hard for some to . realize. It may shatter their glass house vision of reality and anger them, but I went through something no customer should ever have to go through.

If you enjoy getting bent and taking it up the backside like this all of the time, then more power to you. However, my first time experience with this vendor has left a very sour taste in my mouth, and frankly, I'm "exit only".

DriveEuro said:
Sure, making comments about monarch may not be the nicest thing to do in this thread...

But lets be serious... If anyone of you have had a problem with Monarch, you'd know that their customer service is nearly useless. Half the time no one answers. The other half the customer service people can't fullfill your needs (like a refund for example). I've been waiting 1.5 months for a refund. No one in their customer service knows why its taking so long, and they can't contact the refund department (they claim). Heck, their website forum is useless for order status/refunds also. They give you just one number to call and the people at that number can't even put you through to anyone else. They can't even alleviate many issues. To me, they seem more like Public Relations than customer service... :rolleyes: And don't try to get help at [email protected] . The person that answered my email claimed he would respond to me about my refund issue after he researched it. 7 days later, still no response.

No thanks. I contacted the Better Business Bureau today because of this crap. I may have to wait a while to get my refund... but at least the BBB will be on Monarch's back. Their customer service and refund departments need a kick in the butt. Maybe it will help reform something in their customer service department.... Nah, I'm just dreaming. :rolleyes:

If you are 100% sure you want an item from Monarch, BUY IT. If you are even slightly unsure if you will keep the item, or if its even the right item... DO NOT PURCHASE from them. You'll be stuck in the dark waiting for a refund.
And NO, I am not basing this off of just 1 purchase; I'm basing it on 2.

Reference another person waiting for his/her refund even longer than myself

SuperSparky said:
To be accused of being "immature" shows a genuine lack of understanding that just because someone is relating a bad experience does not make them immature.

You don't think your first post was immature? Although just a longer rant, this post was very well-written, in comparison. If you compare this post and your first, it looks like you had a ticked-off 6 year old write your first one.

Regardless though, the FedEx thing is NOT Monarch's fault. I hate FedEx. I have NEVER taken delivery of a FedEx package, without having to drive an hour to FedEx to pick it up.

I hate FedEx with a passion. But, for some reason, most people prefer FedEx over UPS. By providing shipping through FedEx, they are meeting most of their customers' desires.

For the future, though, you know that your FedEx driver is a tool, and to order from somewhere that ships UPS.

Stick to [H]ot Deals please.. lets ask about more deals to be put out there, etc. We don't need encyclopedic life stories of moaning and crying. That is what a psychologist is for. In fact, they are paid to listen to it.

Ok, that being said, lets start with some HOT DEALS. Key word here is HOT. Not 'ok' deals, not 'mild' deals. :p

1) Time of AM2 5000+ processor arrival? Buy.com cancelled all their pre-orders and i was kicked off the waiting list. They had it for $309 with additional $10 off coupon = $299, opposed to Monarch's $380 or something.

2) DDR2-800 deals? Hoping for Corsair XMS2-Pro DDR2-800 in the 2x1gb kit. (the ones with the LED's) Beat neweggs price of "$266 + free ship" so I can order from Monarch please.

Anyone else can add more deals onto this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back