Monarch Computer [H]ot|Deals OEM Opteron Results

but if temp is doing it, shouldn't the other core be affected too?

I loop has my gpu in it; does that make a difference?

I can try reseating the waterblock. It could be my radiator and fan. The fan is sucking out the air but it's right smack on top of the radiator. Do you think adding a shrould would help?

I doubt its temp, its just luck of the draw, my core 0 does 3+ on stock volts and core 1 won't do anything with added voltage, stock is my limit and that leaves me at 2.8. and temp has nothing to do with it in my situation. voltage added at any speed causes it to fail prime with core 1, core 0 will keep chugging though

I just received my opteron 165 from monarch. Still waiting on my case (getting today also) to assemble. Anyone know if this is a decent one?

CCBWE 0604TPMW

i guess then ran out of cbb1e 0608?
I'm at work right now but I will try to reseat the water block when I get back.

you guys still haven't answered my question whether including the gpu in block makes a difference in cpu temp. :)

cambrian said:

you guys still haven't answered my question whether including the gpu in block makes a difference in cpu temp. :)
depending on the radiator, it shouldn't mine isn't effected with 2 7800gt's and a black ice pro 3, temp doesn't change 1c when I remove the gpu blocks from the loop.

cambrian said:

Depends entirely on the radiator. A single rad, hell yeah. A dual, not as much, and a triple rad, it will but not much.

Hot CCB1E 0608MPMW pr0n!

DSC00936.sized.jpg

:D

So nobody has any information about the CCBWE 0604TPMWs? I can't find info about these anywhere....

computater said:
So nobody has any information about the CCBWE 0604TPMWs? I can't find info about these anywhere....

why don't you be the first to post results? since u already have 1

I have one radiator and it's a black ice xtreme pro (single pass, 120mm). So I guess adding the gpu would significantly raise the heat. Damn I need to get back and reseat my cpu block. Can't wait to get off work.

tsue, how did you get two steppings that close together when you ordered them so far apart. Mine is 04xx something and I ordered it before your second one. I think the earlier weeks have better results.

Dammit Tsue...

I ordered a 165 last thusday and I still have not got a confirmation about it being shipped.

ill tell ya what.. I will trade my unknown 165 with you for your 0608... :D

cambrian said:
tsue, how did you get two steppings that close together when you ordered them so far apart. Mine is 04xx something and I ordered it before your second one. I think the earlier weeks have better results.

I bought mine when I posted this, and then a BUNCH of people last thursday got CCB1E's, like everyone that posted. I figured if I wanted a shot at a second, this was my one and only chance. After staring at the screen for about 10 minutes, I figured the most I'd lose is $20 if I get a completely crappy chip, and bit. Turns out I got one REALLY close to the one I already have. :) Absolute luck.

Saffyre said:
Dammit Tsue...

I ordered a 165 last thusday and I still have not got a confirmation about it being shipped.

ill tell ya what.. I will trade my unknown 165 with you for your 0608... :D

I don't know why some people are taking longer. I paid both of my orders with PayPal with my CC instead of just the CC directly, so I'm assuming that may have sped up the process?

And no. :cool: I already have someone interested @ XS, but I think this is going to eBay.

the last few times I've ordered from monarch I used a paypal balance, until this time I used my cc straight and this order has taken the longest time to process, 2 days so far, where the rest of the orders almost always ship that same day. maybe they give priority to paypal as it results in lower fees

cambrian said:
I have one radiator and it's a black ice xtreme pro (single pass, 120mm). So I guess adding the gpu would significantly raise the heat. Damn I need to get back and reseat my cpu block. Can't wait to get off work.

if you've got room directron has an awesome deal going on a black ic pro 3 right now, can't beat the price, same price for a bip2 or 3 btw, heres a link
http://www.directron.com/icepro3.html

young-blood said:
My order hasn't even shipped yet. :( I ordered like within 10 minutes of you ordering, tsueh. I guess I'll just email customer support.
typical monarch...
rolleyes.gif

todd, thanks for the link but I don't think my lian li pc60 case can handle a triple fan radiator. :(

styleboy said:
typical monarch...
rolleyes.gif

Well what really pisses me off is that he got a 0608 and I ordered right after he did. Seriously...it'd be nice to get equal treatment here. Shit...I checked it again and it still says that 'processing' message. I'm gonna call tomorrow if they haven't sent it yet. OH it's going to be mahhhvelous. :D Muahah...

cambrian said:
todd, thanks for the link but I don't think my lian li pc60 case can handle a triple fan radiator. :(
get out the tools and tear it up, haha jk :p , if you have room I'd look into adding a 2nd rad into the loop possibly. my pc75 definatly has more real estate on top

young-blood said:
Well what really pisses me off is that he got a 0608 and I ordered right after he did. Seriously...it'd be nice to get equal treatment here. Shit...I checked it again and it still says that 'processing' message. I'm gonna call tomorrow if they haven't sent it yet. OH it's going to be mahhhvelous. :D Muahah...
did you pay by credit card?

cc takes alot longer for monarch to process because they verify the account. if its by paypal or something, they dont and its faster.

jcll2002 said:
did you pay by credit card?

cc takes alot longer for monarch to process because they verify the account. if its by paypal or something, they dont and its faster.

yes..cc. I ordered a 165 using the same card a month and a half ago, and my order was lightning quick. Except for a billing address verification, which they fixed quickly also.

For the most recent order, they confirmed my address before noon last Friday. I paid the extra cash for the 2 day shipping, but I guess it wasn't worth it. I expected it to at least ship today because of my ordering it Thursday afternoon. All because of this delay I will probably get a crap stepping. :( Maybe I'm expecting too much...

young-blood said:

If you ordered by CC and it's your first order, then I can see why you may have the delay. They seem to be having a big problem with fradulent CC charges, my second order came with a paper inside saying "IF YOU ARE FOWARDING THIS, DO NOT FOWARD IT, CALL US IMMEDIATELY!", whereas mine was ordered through a verified PayPal account, which a good # of feedback of good transactions through it, and was shipped to the verified address. There's a reason (I think) that Monarch says that PayPal is their preferred method of payment, and I used it both times, and BOTH of my orders went out same day. ;) I suggest you guys do the same.

here's my opteron 165 0608 on WC. It's pretty hot for WC. I know, I know Holy PWMIC Temp Batman !

untitled.gif

tsuehpsyde said:
If you ordered by CC and it's your first order, then I can see why you may have the delay. They seem to be having a big problem with fradulent CC charges, my second order came with a paper inside saying "IF YOU ARE FOWARDING THIS, DO NOT FOWARD IT, CALL US IMMEDIATELY!", whereas mine was ordered through a verified PayPal account, which a good # of feedback of good transactions through it, and was shipped to the verified address. There's a reason (I think) that Monarch says that PayPal is their preferred method of payment, and I used it both times, and BOTH of my orders went out same day. ;) I suggest you guys do the same.

Eh, not so sure about this. There may be some merit to it, but I ordered a 144 two weeks ago and it was processed same day, shipped the following. Same CC info etc.

Edit: I also paid extra for the 2-day, unfortunately it is pointless :(

What are the last 4 digit of serial on you guys' 0608MPMW?
Mine is 0220.:)

cambrian said:
here's my opteron 165 0608 on WC. It's pretty hot for WC. I know, I know Holy PWMIC Temp Batman !

untitled.gif
get a fan on that pwmic, since I put a fan over mine it never goes over 45c, also effects the overclock if it gets too hot

Well, it's 2:12 PM and my order hasn't shipped. I emailed tech support yesterday at 4 PM and I have not received a reply yet. What do you guys think I should do? This is NOT my first order btw... I last ordered late February and had no problems - like I said. There should be no conflicts with my card or anything else for that matter.

young-blood said:
Well, it's 2:12 PM and my order hasn't shipped. I emailed tech support yesterday at 4 PM and I have not received a reply yet. What do you guys think I should do? This is NOT my first order btw... I last ordered late February and had no problems - like I said. There should be no conflicts with my card or anything else for that matter.
from what I've heard they're out of them and a new shipment should be in today or tomorrow, cross your fingers for a couple good chips ;)

toddm27 said:
from what I've heard they're out of them and a new shipment should be in today or tomorrow, cross your fingers for a couple good chips ;)

Yeah! That would be ideal. If it doesn't ship out today, it has to come in tomorrow. I'd love to call and hand-pick my chip. It would completely make up for this situation. ;)

You know...I've started to wonder about this... how good do you think the last few production weeks will be? I think this series will go out with a bang, but that's just me.

young-blood said:
Yeah! That would be ideal. If it doesn't ship out today, it has to come in tomorrow. I'd love to call and hand-pick my chip. It would completely make up for this situation. ;)

You know...I've started to wonder about this... how good do you think the last few production weeks will be? I think this series will go out with a bang, but that's just me.
you just never know, hopefully these chips will hit 3.2 on stock volts, :p , in my dreams anyway. :D I'm still a little disappointed in the chip I've got only doing 2.8 as any extra voltage causes it to fail, but its still not bad :cool:

toddm27 said:
you just never know, hopefully these chips will hit 3.2 on stock volts, :p , in my dreams anyway. :D I'm still a little disappointed in the chip I've got only doing 2.8 as any extra voltage causes it to fail, but its still not bad :cool:

What stepping do you have? That chip you have is evil. It would drive me nuts, man. I can't stabilize anything more than 2750 with 1.55 volts (which I will not run at). Mine scales horribly. As you can see I'm working at 2712 with 1.48 volts. I could boot all the way up to nearly 2900 on the one core. 3ghz on air is my goal, of course. :rolleyes:

young-blood said:
What stepping do you have? That chip you have is evil. It would drive me nuts, man. I can't stabilize anything more than 2750 with 1.55 volts (which I will not run at). Mine scales horribly. As you can see I'm working at 2712 with 1.48 volts. I could boot all the way up to nearly 2900 on the one core. 3ghz on air is my goal, of course. :rolleyes:
he was fantasizing ;) (how doo you spell that anyway?)

young-blood said:
I pulled it out and have been burning in a 146 for a buddy this last week, but the 165 is a ccb1e 0606vpmw, which is supposed to be a great stepping, but I couldn't get over 2.6 with the ihs still on and now anything over stock voltage(did the same before ihs removal) causes it to fail prime unless I clock it under 2.5, doesn't make sense. Now with the ihs off it does 2.8 on stock volts but won't go higher, and any voltage increase causes it to fail. :mad: hopefully my next chip will be a killer, but I'm gonna pop this one back in tonight and play with it some more.

jcll2002 said:
he was fantasizing ;) (how doo you spell that anyway?)

Of course he was..and so was I. :( even 3ghz on air is a pipe dream for me once I step back into reality. lol

BTW...you spelled that perfectly right. Here, have a sticker. :)

toddm27 said:
I pulled it out and have been burning in a 146 for a buddy this last week, but the 165 is a ccb1e 0606vpmw, which is supposed to be a great stepping, but I couldn't get over 2.6 with the ihs still on and now anything over stock voltage(did the same before ihs removal) causes it to fail prime unless I clock it under 2.5, doesn't make sense. Now with the ihs off it does 2.8 on stock volts but won't go higher, and any voltage increase causes it to fail. :mad: hopefully my next chip will be a killer, but I'm gonna pop this one back in tonight and play with it some more.

Have you tried lowering the voltage? Maybe you got the perfect chip that scales inversely with volts :eek:

toddm27 said:

Good idea. I wouldn't give up on the little guy just yet. :D I've also seen that the 0606 has some RMA-quality bad chips, so maybe it's just a side effect of a weird batch. It obviously has potential though.

I tried to remove the IHS on my old 3200+ (horrible idea, may I add) and scraped off one of the resistors/ceramic bad boys. Plus I scraped off a little bit of another one. It stopped posting. This one guy said he removed the rest of one that was barely hanging on, and then it worked. I'm gonna try that soon. I have all the parts I need to test without taking apart my current setup.

Since I screwed my 3200+ over, I was too scared of killing my fresh new opty. I lapped the heatsink on that until it was completely even, and copper. It was pretty difficult but I love the finish on it. After lapping my Big Typh, they were the perfect match. ;)

repoman0 said:
Have you tried lowering the voltage? Maybe you got the perfect chip that scales inversely with volts :eek:
Didn't think of that, but you never know maybe it will do 3ghz with 1v hahahaha :p :) :D

young-blood said:
Good idea. I wouldn't give up on the little guy just yet. :D I've also seen that the 0606 has some RMA-quality bad chips, so maybe it's just a side effect of a weird batch. It obviously has potential though.
you cant rma it if it doesnt overclock though right?

repoman0 said:

Dude that reminds me! My brother has an early Winnie 3000+ in his system that, after some weirdass bios issue, would run at 0.8-9 volts at 2.4 ghz LOL... God, I have to try that out again.

I'm a [H]Lite now. What a rush. :D

jcll2002 said:
you cant rma it if it doesnt overclock though right?
not to say you can't, but mine was hotter than hell with the ihs still on, almost enough to rma it 45-48c idle under water and it still overclocked to 2.6. morally no you can't, but could you get away with it, I'll let you be the judge. ;)

Back