Moments before Reformat

Stormlifter

2[H]4U
I'm about to reformat, just doing one desperate attempt to avoid it.

Issues:
Dawn of War II - When I try to start it I get " The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application "
Windows Resource Protection - When i try to run "sfc /scannow" i get " Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service "

This is the only issues I'm getting, but is enough to really make me upset.

Anyone got a clue?
Should I just go to Windows 7?

Is the Windows Installer Service running?
Yes and so is Modules installer.
2vjo3ew.jpg

Boot off of your Windows CD, you can do the same command.

Is that one game the only reason you are trying to repair windows files?

Well that one game is all that I can tell that is going wrong with my system other than not being able to run that command.

I'm going to check if I can run that command off CD.

have you done this from the admin cmd and not normal cmd?

you could try doing a chkdsk /r and reboot, also from admin cmd

Talking vista of course.

You would really reformat a system because of one game, and then on top of that, go to a beta OS as a replacement?

You would really reformat a system because of one game, and then on top of that, go to a beta OS as a replacement?

Seems excessive.
Have you tried uninstalling the game running regclean, rebooting then re-installing the game?

Odd that it's giving you that error when doing off the DVD, for sure...

Definitely something that's built into Vista. I think a corrupted DLL might be to blame, but what DLL it would be, SFC could tell you but it won't run.

Have you tweaked, vLited or anything like that?

Odd that it's giving you that error when doing off the DVD, for sure...

Definitely something that's built into Vista. I think a corrupted DLL might be to blame, but what DLL it would be, SFC could tell you but it won't run.

Have you tweaked, vLited or anything like that?
Nope. I'm running Vista installed from OEM Gateway discs.

Repair install time, would be my opinion...
You mean re-install the OS using "repair" cause my OEM disc doesn't let me do that I don't think.

or do you mean use the repair option when i restart my computer and boot to Vista disc and click "repair"

You mean re-install the OS using "repair" cause my OEM disc doesn't let me do that I don't think.

or do you mean use the repair option when i restart my computer and boot to Vista disc and click "repair"

No repair install... When you boot from installation disk you hit R (at least on XP... not sure if I remember what it is on Vista, as I've had yet to do it on Vista).

Back