• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Molex Removing Tool

tgillespie

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
206
I'm just about ready to order a Vantec sleeving kit and was curious if this Molex tool will remove the 24 pins from the ATX connector to the motherboard. Also, will it work on the 4 pin one to the motherboard?

Is the vantec sleeving kit worth the time and money? I'm mainly going for appearance.
 
Ahh, looked at a motherboard, they are smaller.

As for the "look" of it, kinda depends on how ya route your wires in the case, but those that are visable it surely makes a difference in.
 
nevermind. I simply looked at an extra power supply i had laying around, and they are different. Anyone know a method or a tool for removing the 24 pin ATX connector? The Molex one obviously won't work :)


I dont want to pay more than $10 :D
 
Yah. But that sum bitch is $25. No need to spend that much if I can do it with a fine screw driver. Oh well, just take me a lil longer.
 
I just tried the staples technique to remove the 4 pin thing for intel, it worked pretty good and it works on the 24 pin molex too(but i didn't try to remove all fortron 300w psu came with the atx wires sleeved already), that way you don't have to buy that 25 buck pin removal tool.

Talkin bout my new fortron 300w psu do you think it can power up 2 226 watt peltier? and can it run 24/7 for months without it connected to motherboard just using the grounding method of the green wire and ground?
 
used my flat head screw driver used for small screws on eye glass frames
 
Originally posted by DeViLdUdE
I just tried the staples technique to remove the 4 pin thing for intel, it worked pretty good and it works on the 24 pin molex too(but i didn't try to remove all fortron 300w psu came with the atx wires sleeved already), that way you don't have to buy that 25 buck pin removal tool.

Talkin bout my new fortron 300w psu do you think it can power up 2 226 watt peltier? and can it run 24/7 for months without it connected to motherboard just using the grounding method of the green wire and ground?

226W * 2 = 452W. 452W > 300W.
 
Back
Top