Modular PSU that has circular plugs?

That was fast...

Is it any good? Guess I'll check up on that myself, but feel free to comment.
 
vexeus said:
That was fast...

Is it any good? Guess I'll check up on that myself, but feel free to comment.

It is ok....but the design choice on the plugs is questionable.
 
Looks like there's a new 730W version. I'll definitely have to look into that.

I actually like the plugs, even though they are rather gimmicky.
 
Don't take this as an insult but the design on those plugs is worrisome. Notice how they use just 2 or 3 wires to connect when they are supposed to use 4 or 6?
 
Spectre said:
Don't take this as an insult but the design on those plugs is worrisome. Notice how they use just 2 or 3 wires to connect when they are supposed to use 4 or 6?

If I looked carefully, it looks like there is 4 pins in each plug, matching the 4 molex wires.
 
Xilikon said:
If I looked carefully, it looks like there is 4 pins in each plug, matching the 4 molex wires.


You didn't look carefully at all, then. Look at the review linked above.
 
jonnyGURU said:
You didn't look carefully at all, then. Look at the review linked above.

My bad, I replied without reading your review, sorry :p It's a bad design indeed.
 
What worries me more than the connector type is the fact that Newegg has the 240V version of the 730W of this PSU?

I couldn't get customer support to confirm if it was the 240V version or not either.

Seems odd to me that they'd stock this voltage?
 
That's YET ANOTHER NEWEGG TYPO.

It's full range APFC.
 
Back
Top