• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Modifying the Ultra ChillTEC Cooler

d44ve

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
422
As most of you know.. this is a TEC\air cooled setup.

My question is... what experience do you have with it? I am running it now and seems to be OK.

However, I want to know if anyone has modify the ChilTec all? I was thinking about putting another fun on the other side of the heat sink so that the fans push and pull air through. The better you can cool the hot side or the heatsink... the cooler the cold side gets.

Also, What about increasing the voltage to the TEC?

Any other mods would be great... I heard that the TEC only come at certain times and the other times is it aircooled... can that be changed?

Like I said, any help appreciated!
 
adding fans seems reasonable but adding voltages doesn't seem too beneficial as it's designed in such a way to max it's current construction quite well. Besides, these units arent cheap.

That being said, we are enthusiast so we wait and see. Have you searched any other forums?
 
I just started my search... I will let you all know what I find
 
Try over at XtremeSystems. This seems more their sort of thing, though I'm interested to see results with whatever you end up doing... even if they're just "I overvolted it and it melted through my case."
 
Back
Top