Modified Xdreamer

archevilangel

[H]ard|Gawd
Sorry about the quality, my sister killed the family 3.0 megapixel camera so I had to make due with a $50 1.3 one.

outside: Acrylic window replaced with a sheet of perforated decorative aluminum, it has a screen door effect where you can't see what's inside until the computer is on and the cold cathodes are going.
Front acrylic piece removed
Top(not shown) grill replaced with a standard fare flame one
Stock stealth 5" bay covers replaced with a black normal and a black samsung burner
compoutside.jpg

Inside: 2 12" coolermaster cold cathodes, 23 blue fan mounted leds
Most cables running through the back of the motherboard
Most cables sleeved
raptor mounted backwards, I would have mounted the 250 gb one backwards but the serillel conector is too big
Front Audio cable routed to the back of the case behind the motherboard and through one of the holes in the nv silencer's slot coverer(not shown)
Removed a powersupply support piece that interfered with the powersupply fan(partially blocking it) with aviation snips
some cable messyness around the vantec nexus fan controller, /too lazy to solder them to custom lengths at the moment.
compinside.jpg

*edit* Fixed, screendoor effect comment goes with the perforated aluminum sheet, not the front.

shiffero said:
can we get some pics of the front with the screen door effect?

err sorry

"it has a screen door effect where you can't see what's inside until the computer is on and the cold cathodes are going."
should go along with
"Acrylic window replaced with a sheet of perforated decorative aluminum"
not
"outside: Acrylic window replaced with a sheet of perforated decorative aluminum
Front acrylic piece removed,"

My mistake.

Scheizekopf said:
Case looks overall pretty good.

How does the mesh window do with dust? Cooling?
The mesh window needs dusting occasionally, If I don't, I can rub my hand on the mesh and end up grabbing quite a bit of dust.
I haven't noticed much extra dust(mostly dust in the nv silencer)

I haven't kept track of differences in tempatures, but I'd assume it's pretty close to having the side of the case off.

I plan on watercooling eventually which should eliminate the dust problem.

Back