Modified Drivers

contaminant

Limp Gawd
Who uses modified drivers? Like Omega or NGO? I just downloaded the latest NGO drivers based on 6.3, I just ran a quick 3dMark test and I am up a few tens of points so I'll keep them less I find some in-game problems. Just wanted to know who else uses modified drivers and if there's ever been a problem.

I always just use the official ATI drivers now. The Omegas used to make a big difference in the 9x00 days, but not any more.

I use the Omega drivers now just because they come with TrayTools included, which is ultra-handy. I just wish Ray would update it, overclocking is nigh on impossible at the moment.

i use the omegas because the cats give me terrible stuttering in fear.

the double bonus is that i don't have to put up with CCC no more.

I use Omega's since they come ready to run many different widescreen 16:10 resolutions. ATI's only widescreen resolutions are 1280x720 or 1920x1080, which are really 16:9 HDTV resolutions. From 1280x720 to 1920x1080, there is a huge gap where ATI should have put in 1600x1000 or 1680x1050.

I tried adding custom resolutions via Powerstrip, but It doesn't seem to agreeable for some reason. All in all, I'm very happy with the Omega 6.2's so far. Proabably will get his 6.3's or the NGO's next.

Do the NGO's have widescreen support?

Back