Normally a H810 will not allow any Motherboard to boot unless it's a Dell Server. Also there is no JBOD available. I modified the board and firmware to change that.
*MODIFIED* DELL PERC H810 External RAID Controller Card
Modified to allow systems other than Dell to boot up with this card installed.
1GB Cache
JBOD Enabled
RAID Array Spindown
Battery Backup
RAID levels 0 ,1, 10, 5, 6, 50, 60
I successfully flashed a Perc H810 (2208 controller) with Intel firmware (MR56p.rom) and was able to enable JBOD. I also modified the card to allow boot up of motherboards other than Dell.
There are some caveats:
a) You will not be able to enter the cards Bios screen during boot up. So create arrays and make changes using LSI's MegaRaid Storage Manager or Dell Storage Manager.
b) Use the newest MSM for best results. If you are using a Dell server then use Dell's software (untried by me because I don't have a Dell server).
c) As normal practice by LSI based controllers, JBOD does not have spindown. You must use the OS or some other means such as AAM to spindown JBOD's
14 Day No Hassle DOA Warranty
*MODIFIED* DELL PERC H810 External RAID Controller Card
Modified to allow systems other than Dell to boot up with this card installed.
1GB Cache
JBOD Enabled
RAID Array Spindown
Battery Backup
RAID levels 0 ,1, 10, 5, 6, 50, 60
I successfully flashed a Perc H810 (2208 controller) with Intel firmware (MR56p.rom) and was able to enable JBOD. I also modified the card to allow boot up of motherboards other than Dell.
There are some caveats:
a) You will not be able to enter the cards Bios screen during boot up. So create arrays and make changes using LSI's MegaRaid Storage Manager or Dell Storage Manager.
b) Use the newest MSM for best results. If you are using a Dell server then use Dell's software (untried by me because I don't have a Dell server).
c) As normal practice by LSI based controllers, JBOD does not have spindown. You must use the OS or some other means such as AAM to spindown JBOD's
14 Day No Hassle DOA Warranty
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.