• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Modest 860 overclock w/ turbo?

Derfnofred

Gawd
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
617
Still in thinking mode as the parts come in (I suppose this is a form of mental masturbation, so do forgive me :D).

I'll be running a 860 with a Scythe big shuriken and 120x25mm fan (sff case, 25mm just fits clearance and the 12mm fan needs some help) and I want to run my memory full speed (1600 mhz).

I was wondering if anyone lowered their main multiplier to allow for full speed memory? Something like a 18x160 and still enable some amount of turbo boost? Very modest overclock, faster memory system, with minimal extra thermal load.

Thoughts, examples? Every guide I've read is about people shooting for 4ghz on a 20x200--not my interest.
 
Back
Top