Modern Warfare 3 Spoiler Details Released

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The guys over at Kotaku have been busy gathering details from multiple sources to get a good description of what is to be expected when Modern Warfare 3 is released. If you are the ‘don’t open until Xmas type’, then cover your eyes before reading any further. :D

Well it looks OK. I know after MW2 and BO, I'm a little tired of the antics of Activision and IW (or what ever bastardized company they are now).

Let me guess, the game will be "optimized" for PC's? Which is really code for PC gamers will get the table scraps of what ever shitty code IW leaves on the floor after they nurture their cash cow (xbox 360).

I think I will hold off on this release.

I don't know what you guys are talking about but I think the Modern Warfare series is/was great. It was just absolutely terrible that Treyarch comes in and ruins everything but still breaks selling records by riding Infinity Ward's coattails. MW was great, then World at War came, sucked ass. MW2 was great, then BO sucked ass but because IW did such a good job on MW2, people expected BO to be awesome, which wasn't the case at all. If you were to skip a generation or release why would it be the Modern Warfare series? I think most people aren't getting the trend that Infinity Ward creates a great game but Treyarch comes in and shits all over it.

But the team that made MW doesn't exist anymore, this is Activision playing puppeteer with a corpse.

Um, excuse me? Black OPs is great just could have been more original, it was more like an improvement on MW2. MW3 actually looks like a game changer. I still play Black OPs and there is nothing wrong with it.

thats one thing i never understood. Black ops was a console port that was not even beta tested for the pc. The pc was riddled with issues it was a horrible mess yet they have record sales. This is why they can keep pumping out garbage because people keep buying it. I never bought MW2 because they got rid of dedicated servers (it was also free for all for hax on pc). Then they pretend that they cared and gave the illusion that MW2 black ops had dedicated servers which again was false.

As much as i dont like EA they have time and time again catered to the pc users with out stupid console ports. Even though some of there titles have some bugs (mostly because of punk buster.) I for now prefer there games until they can bring call of duty back to its roots.

The sad part is Call of duty was a PC only title when it first came out. It got so popular they ported it to consoles now it seems thats all they care about. My suggestion will be to save your money and wait dont preorder. I don't know about you but i didn't spend $1300 on a gaming pc so i can play console ports. Besides battlefield 3 looks awesome.

Um, excuse me? Black OPs is great just could have been more original, it was more like an improvement on MW2. MW3 actually looks like a game changer. I still play Black OPs and there is nothing wrong with it.

Are you kidding me? Black OPs has the worst reviews on the COD series. The multiplayer is horrid and the disgusting linear progression in first player is terrible. Like I said...riding the coattails of MW2..

Call Of Duty Series Died for me after Cod4, after that it was down hill. i have not touched nor bought/played a cod game since then.

BF3 on the other hand looks wayyy more promising, then any cod's knowen to date. The engine they are using for BF3 will change the way they make PC Game's,

BF3 Will have to be watered down for Ps3/Xbox360 smaller maps/less gpx/and such.

Lol, I guess I am one of the few that is holding out for the game. I can't proclaim that too loud since judging on the internets, most of the other people would eat me alive for supporting such a milked franchise, and yet they have no issue buying yearly sports and music games. Hell, they'd buy other franchises if they were yearly like Uncharted, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid, etc. Hypocrites. : /

Lol, I guess I am one of the few that is holding out for the game. I can't proclaim that too loud since judging on the internets, most of the other people would eat me alive for supporting such a milked franchise, and yet they have no issue buying yearly sports and music games. Hell, they'd buy other franchises if they were yearly like Uncharted, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid, etc. Hypocrites. : /

Actually, most people's issues with CoD franchise is that there is no standard. Activision have no vision other than $$ with it. Look at the ups and downs of the series all in all. It is horrid. If they came out with excellent gameplay each time, I am sure there would be only as much issue as there is with Madden XXXIV (or whatever they are at now :p ).

Does anyone else think that unless it is an entire engine re-write they should just be releasing these things as DLC, perhaps free to the community? Like companies with a conscience would likely do?

I'm only interested if this is where it picks up from MW2 as far as storyline for first player.

After that I could care less. I'm a sucker for storyline. The game itself to me is pure bullshit.

The single-player and co-op aspect(s) of MW2 were great IMO. I still play the co-op with my clan mates from time to time. But, the multi-player was just terrible. The removal of dedicated servers from the multi killed the game for me. The hacks were out of control and better yet, there was no way to remove them. It was/is a joke, and a total knife in the back from IW and Activision plain and simple.

Black Ops was/is another POS game that Treyarch thought we would just love to pieces because it bore the name CoD. Well, I can tell you it sucked. Not just your common suckage, no no this took it to a whole new level. The game was busy trying build suspense and get your adrenalin pumping it forgot about content. What waste of $60. Never again Activision...never again.

BF3 will be twice the game *crosses fingers* that the CoD franchise ever hoped to be.

There's your problem. I just download games so if they turn out to be a piece of **** then I couldn't care less as I can just delete it and the only thing I loose is a bit of my download cap.

But if the game is decent, then I will purchase it for the multiplayer.

Preordered for Nov. 8th (or what ever it will be) midnight release, just so I can play from day #1.

I'm almost hoping that BF3 finally puts the COD series to rest, particularly with the kind of shit they've been putting out lately (looking at you Black Ops). I say almost, in the hopes that maybe Activision will get their shit together with the competition that BF3 will hopefully bring.

I'm almost hoping that BF3 finally puts the COD series to rest, particularly with the kind of shit they've been putting out lately (looking at you Black Ops). I say almost, in the hopes that maybe Activision will get their shit together with the competition that BF3 will hopefully bring.

The depressing part is that kids today think Black Ops is a good game.

I tried playing Brink with a younger cousin, they hated it and were freaking out because they could not understand the concept of teamwork and having to actually use strategy. All he wanted to do was run out and spray bullets and get kills.

Whatever keeps those annoying fuckers away from superb quality games like BF3.

Actually, most people's issues with CoD franchise is that there is no standard. Activision have no vision other than $$ with it. Look at the ups and downs of the series all in all. It is horrid. If they came out with excellent gameplay each time, I am sure there would be only as much issue as there is with Madden XXXIV (or whatever they are at now :p ).

Does anyone else think that unless it is an entire engine re-write they should just be releasing these things as DLC, perhaps free to the community? Like companies with a conscience would likely do?

I doubt they will rewrite the engine, we need new consoles for these types of developers to bring something new out. Probably in another couple of years (whenever xbox 3 and ps4 come out) we'll get something. It's been the same thing since 2008 and even that engine was a modded quake engine.

I never bought MW2 because they got rid of dedicated servers (it was also free for all for hax on pc).

I'd just like to say alteriwnet saved this game. I've been a fan since the first CoD, bought only the IW versions of the newer games and I wont be buying anything new from Activision

I am still boycotting the still birth that is/was MW2 for various PC related issues, and will more than likely be boycotting this game as well.

BF3 is getting my cash.

For me... CoD died when MW2 came out. MW2 had the same things that made CoD4 great. But they went downhill with all things network code related. I blame IWNet crap! Hell they went backwards in so many ways and the only thing "forwards" they did was a different storyline/location.

The things that really stuffed it that just should NOT happen in this century are:

The exact same online statistics as CoD4. I mean come on!!! we want MORE IN DEPTH STATS!!

The Same old "join American servers" crap they've f'd up time and time again. At least in CoD4 after the patch we could 'hack' our way into hosting a server by a local player and it would generally stay ours and not get 'stolen' by the game randomly merging our lobby with an over seas one!

Laggy network code. Inaccurate/dodgey hit detection. Could all be related. Can't pin point it. But "we" just know its a step backwards and not forwards.

Hell... Quake 2 had better features and network code then this!! Its just pathetic.

My biggest issue with CoD is how they release a "new" game every year that is essentially a copy of the last one. Each individual game is actually decent (although not great), but there's really no reason to buy one every year. I refuse to support games that are just trying to milk gamers for cash. Unfortunately there are millions of gamers that ARE supporting this practice, so they have no incentive to stop doing it.

Call of Duty: Milking the Cash Cow Dry Like We Did Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk untill nobody bought them anymore 3

battlement upgraded. Goggles added.

50512_120203711347260_7764128_n.jpg

Call of Duty has nothing on the battlefield series, never has. Single player is ok, but multiplayer sucks, maps are so small and poky.

agree 100%

maybe activision will take 6 months off the release of MW sequel when their sales go through the floor because people are playing bf3, duke nukem forever, dota 2, diablo 3 beta?

I'll prolly end up buying MW3 just to see what the 3 studios involved push out. I'm aiming high and hopefully, they crash and burn so that I truely know that IW is dead.

I was totally blown away by mw1, and couldn't wait for mw2..... i was very disappointed...

Then for some dumbass reason, I pre-ordered BO, thinking it was catered to PCs again due to presence of ded servers again... I was burned again.

I'm not going to give the cod series another chance until they at the very least update their game engine. Knowing that ps4 and xbox 720 aren't due till 2014, I see them recycling the current engine until then. They will sell over $1billion again, because the sheep will always buy.

Thank god for DICE + bfbc2. As much as I love bfbc2, and anticipate bf3. I want the game to be successful, and I personally feel its going to be leaps and bounds ahead of mw3. I'm sure in time their success will only lead to them releasing products where innovation & creativity are after thoughts.

Well it looks OK. I know after MW2 and BO, I'm a little tired of the antics of Activision and IW (or what ever bastardized company they are now).

Let me guess, the game will be "optimized" for PC's? Which is really code for PC gamers will get the table scraps of what ever shitty code IW leaves on the floor after they nurture their cash cow (xbox 360).

I think I will hold off on this release.

IW haven't had anything to do with the series since MW2, the last one was okay but I didn't buy any of the DLC, knowing that the new game was around the corner, and the prestige thing was a waste of time, another thing that quickly bored me to death.

I'll buy it, but I'm not expecting a MW2 experience, and I won't pay to play, if the rumors are true.

They are turning the Call of Duty franchise into another Street Fighter 2 fiasco. How many times can you remake the same game and package it as something else?! I love the call of duty games, dont get me wrong, but give me something different each time I spend ~50 bucks on one of your games. I think Black Ops will be the last CoD game I buy, Im going to switch the BF3 when it comes out.

It would be really nice to see some original content instead of the same old crap.The companies want my money without earning my hard earned dollars.I always wait instead of buying right when it is released because it sounds good.

Back