Modern Warfare 3 Makes $400 Million in 24 Hours

That is just sickening. No wonder they don't feel the need to improve anything. "If it ain't broke why fix it" or in this case "If it still makes money, why change it?"

Those poor bastards, they're clearly not making nearly enough money to pay for the programmers to make a decent new engine. Have they set up a Paypal page, I'm sure they need the donations.

I finished the sp mission this morning. It had some real fun spots in it. I was shocked at the graphics quality at first but once u play it for a while you don't really notice that.

Im surprised, I really am! I thought people would have had enough of same crap, and this time MW was gonna plummet...

That is just sickening. No wonder they don't feel the need to improve anything. "If it ain't broke why fix it" or in this case "If it still makes money, why change it?"

Just more proof that too many gamers will buy anything shoved at them with enough hype.

Who the hell are these sheeple? Doesn't anyone care if a game has any quality or innovation?

World at War was the last COD game I enjoyed, and that was only because of Nazi-Zombie mode which I played constantly and downloaded just about every user made map.

Modern Warfare's multiplayer was simply frustrating as hell and I never want to go there agian.

Black Ops was supposed to bring back Zombie mode, but luckily I tried it out before deciding to buy it. The Zombie gameplay was almost identical with no innovation at all to speak of, and by that time all my friends were chomping at the bit for some expansion to the mechanics of that mode.

But did they do that? NO!

If it's sold 6.7 million copies, then it's already outsold BF3. I liked COD for a while, but really, how many times can you buy the same game? The engine has likely not been revamped because console hardware hasn't changed. Expect more of the same next November.

Im a PC gamer but a lot of my friends play on the Xbox and they're starting to get annoyed with the COD series. I've heard more than a few people start talking about COD and then someone always says its the same shit and everyone else agrees. I think the next COD people will at least think twice before buying.

I finished the sp mission this morning. It had some real fun spots in it. I was shocked at the graphics quality at first but once u play it for a while you don't really notice that.

So you started playing at 7AM and you finished it at 10AM ? Nice waste of $60/€60.

It feels like since the year 2005 high schools have been pumping out dumber and dumber kids and heres the result and proof!

Did you like it? I think the ending was sort of anticlimactic. MW2 was better.

Why did Makarov hide in a hotel of all places? Also, that chopper scene was cheesy as hell, same with lighting the cigar.

Anyhow, they're going to milk it until it dies off like Guitar Hero.

There's no helping them - most of these players are kids anyway. Frankly, I'd rather have them play MW3 than ruin my multiplayer experience in BF3. The "Rambos" quickly dropped once MW3 came out and my win ratio's been going up. :p

@Swarles

They wont, they buy because they know what theyre getting :D

What a disaster of a game.. I tried playing the single player today (I pirated it I was not going to pay for it) I found out its locked at 45 fps and it looks like absolute shit. Im not even gonna bother playing it.

The only thing that would draw me to this game is playing online with friends over XBL.. I wish I could convince 4 friends to play BF3 in a squad with me... That would be some real fun.

I wonder if the numbers are somehow tied with MW2 seeing how binaries and prompts report crashes and system changes as MW2.

Impressive and all, but...
skyrimvsmw3.jpg

yeah what a decent game so far.. went to the midnight release. excellent story so far.

That's about 6,700,000 copies @ $60 btw.

Battlefield 3 is at 5,900,000 copies in the first 2 weeks. You have to realize that this is a major win for EA and Dice as analysts were expecting over 9 million in sales from opening day on MW3.

I am having tons of fun with this, yes the graphics are dated but the game runs butter smooth and its a helluvalot of fun!

It feels like since the year 2005 high schools have been pumping out dumber and dumber kids and heres the result and proof!

Seeing as I just barely graduated in '11, I find this mildly offensive. But then again, I was lucky enough to become initiated into the PC Gaming Master Race back in 2001 when I was introduced to UT '99 and Q3A. So I'll just assume that your blanket statement doesn't cover me.

:p

I'll just assume that your blanket statement doesn't cover me.

Don't worry about it, most folks here I think are among the smarter ones... and take into account throughout time some older people say the same thing about the younger generations being dumber then "their" generation... they probably do it for an ego boost or something. ya know, because older people tend to be crankier.

Thanks Counterstrike & 1942 Battlefield players for condemning us all to bland realism shooters, you want it, you got it

Once more proving why bother with PC development... when you can just sell a console port and make a mint... I had hopes... I had lots of hopes... but game after game after game that came out this year dashed them against rocks... and now Skyrim and MW3 are let downs aswell it's like why bother :/ I should just cave in and join the console freaks.

We need some chlorine in the gene pool, we keep having these dumb console kids rush out and buy the latest rehash. They need to be weeded out.

Good for them! As for me, I'll be adding this to the long list of overrated Call of Duty games I won't be buying.

Back