Modern Warfare 2 update 1.0.175

spicey

Supreme [H]ardness
Updates to MW2

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3331/

* Fix for latest texture hacks
* Fix to prevent players from getting inside geo
* Fix to prevent players with illegally pirated copies of Modern Warfare 2 from matchmaking with legitimate Modern Warfare 2 players
* Connection improvements for NAT-PMP routers
* Fix for "elevator" glitch that allows players to get out of playable area

Good to see some of the cheats have been fixed and pirates can no longer play with legitimate players, about bloody time

No care package glitch fix though!

WTB iw4mp.exe crash fix plz. I can't play for more then 20 minutes before it fails. This is after a complete reformat/reinstall etc. Drivers are all the newest available.

Other possible fixes : Set desktop res to 1024*768? WTF..

I seriously am considering going BACK to XP (from win 7) because it never happened there.

WTB iw4mp.exe crash fix plz. I can't play for more then 20 minutes before it fails. This is after a complete reformat/reinstall etc. Drivers are all the newest available.

I seriously am considering going BACK to XP (from win 7) because it never happened there.

I'm not getting any crashes of this sort with my set-up. Still using 190.62 drivers (I only update if I having problems - if it ain't broke...)

Hehe, reading the Steam forums makes me glad I didn't go against my instincts and buy the game.

I'm not getting any crashes of this sort with my set-up. Still using 190.62 drivers (I only update if I having problems - if it ain't broke...)

It's an issue a lot of people are having with both types of cards, Nvidia or ATI. Apparently it's been an issue sine cod 4.

fwiw I have a 4850

Eyefinity native support to hurry up plx. They went and broke the aspect ratio hack thing with this patch.

And remember folks, according to the devs one of the big advantages of iwnet was not having to worry about cheaters. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :rolleyes:

Its not windows 7 that is causing the crash. I run it just fine in windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I have 2 8800GTX in sli and have the newest nvidia drivers.

+1, they need to fix this asap. despite the annoyance of care package glitchers i'm enjoying the hell out of this game.

It can't be that difficult to fix. IW are aware of it (402 responded on the IW forums) so I'm not sure why the delay.

Bowling needs to get off Twitter and start posting useful info on a decent site. Only socially inept people use Twitter, Facebook etc, in my experience.

Its not windows 7 that is causing the crash. I run it just fine in windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I have 2 8800GTX in sli and have the newest nvidia drivers.

I'm happy for you. The point I am trying to make is, it didn't happen until win 7 ultimate.:eek:

Since the patch yesterday it seems that it MIGHT be cleared up. I'm not holding my breath.

Lots of failed to migrate host, failed to connect to host, game lobby closed, general unable to connect errors since the update.

Anyone else found this?

Lots of failed to migrate host, failed to connect to host, game lobby closed, general unable to connect errors since the update.

Anyone else found this?

i played for a few hours last night and didn't encounter many issues. i had 1 lobby close and 1 host migration, which was successful.

As much as people complain for the lack of dedicated servers the peer to peer system in place now isnt all that bad. I would prefer dedicated servers though just for that extra bit of reliability.

Anyone else found this?

I play it on the PS3 and nearly 30% of the games I join have problems like this. Really gets annoying.

I've been seeing a LOT of lost connections lately myself, in fact I'd say one in ten games ends with a dropped "host", where it doesn't even bother to migrate, instead it just kicks everyone off.

Last match I played was Domination, we were about 5 points from winning, I was at 34 and 5, my best run EVER and it kicked everyone off right then and there.

Thanks IW. *facepalm*

*shrugs* I'm just not playing anymore. Just got pretty dumb with all the hackers.

I guess this is why we PC gamers like our dedicated servers. There's always a decent place to play.

As much as people complain for the lack of dedicated servers the peer to peer system in place now isnt all that bad. I would prefer dedicated servers though just for that extra bit of reliability.

It's tolerable, a functional system like playing on a 60Hz LCD but ultimately once you've tasted what it's like to have something better it is quite a strain to go back and deal with something shittier.

Alot of connection problems because of pirates and their modified files, if they are picked host you usually get kicked.

See through wall hacks, texture hacks, and aimbots are still common.

There are rank up hacked servers in 3rd person cage matches, just keep joining and searching and you will eventually be thrown in a 9v9 3rd person game where the host can modify certain things (rank increase, rank DECREASE, no gravity, any game mode, any map, no time limit, ect)

This is happening on the xbox version as well lol.

It was worth every penny, if not double. The game plays very well and IWnet works pretty good too. There are only a small percentage of times I fail to migrate host or just drop from a party.

The biggest problem with or without dedicated servers is that there are so many cheaters online. The advantage to dedicated servers is that they can be banned or kicked. IWnet needs a vote kick option at the very least.

Yeah I go into a "matched ground war server" last night. I shot 1 person and leveled from 48 to 70. :eek:

While cool to level like that, it also definitly sucks, I better not get banned because of it. :mad:

I just used steam, ergo it's not my fault that matched me into a hacked server.

Yeah I go into a "matched ground war server" last night. I shot 1 person and leveled from 48 to 70. :eek:

While cool to level like that, it also definitly sucks, I better not get banned because of it. :mad:

I just used steam, ergo it's not my fault that matched me into a hacked server.

I heard about this, I haven't come across a hacked server yet. I'll be on the lookout though and exit straight away if it looks suspicious. FFA with 18 players for instance, long Nuke countdown top left corner etc.

Most of the hacked games are in 3rd Person Cage Fight. Regularly happens if you join a game with one other person then exit straight away then rejoin another 3rd game apparently.

There is talk that malicious hacked servers will lower XP soon!

I read on the Steam Forums that it's best to backup your COD MW2\Players folder as stats are kept client side. I thought it was held on Steam Cloud personally.

Back