Modern CRT?

Sathsayin

Gawd
Does anybody know of any CRT's that are still in production. I'm know they are not mass produced anymore for Personal Computers. I was with my wife when she was getting her ultrasound and the machine they had had a GE logo on the front and had a CRT that was BLACK....... I mean super black. The nurse thought it was funny when i asked her where they got it from. she said it was about 5 months old. I asked the ultrasound or the monitor. She stopped me from looking around the back of it. ( I couldnt resist) I couldn't get a manufacture date on the CRT. The monitor said 640 by 480 at @ 129 hz and then it said something like 34hz sound that change up and down dipping in the low 20's and other something are anothers at the top. I guess my question is i saw that someone said something about a 30k sony monitor that was still in production. Does anybody know of monitors that are still in production for hosipitals and such. Be nice if maybe we could get something that was refurbished. i know that they would be expensive. but maybe in a couple of years it would be something newer.... Anyway anybody got any models are anything.

What exactly are you looking for? Ultrasound is just right down the hall from me now..Wanna know what the radiologists read from?

Was curious what the manufacture date andethe model number for the crt. Just curious on either one. Reason being was wondering who still produces the new crt's!

I've seen some Eizo FlexScan CRTs at a photolab. I think the DOM was either 2004 or 2006. They had some Lacie ones, too. Those looked like Diamondtron CRTs which went of production in 2003 or 2004. Sony might still be making them for production studios, but those cost a fortune.

They are all very specialized and very expensive, not really for general use.

Back