• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Model Shots Attempt! (girl inside!)

o0moonman0o

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 4, 2003
Messages
93
aoao172_v2.jpg


aoao196_v2.jpg


aoao197_v2.jpg


aoao205_v2.jpg


aoao231_v2.jpg


aoao232_v2.jpg
 
I think you did a good job and I like the composition of all but there were some minor things. Please let me explaing. In the first photo she's covering the lower half of her face but the bottow half of her chin is exposed, this is distracting for me. In the last photo I'd like to see her eyes even if she's looking down and away from the camera. Another thing to watch for is your WB, she's warm almost blazing hot in the first photo and then she cools down. Finally in the last images the WB isn't even close to the first few. Maybe this is what you wanted for those photos but it just seems unnatural to me and doesn't do her justice.
I don't want it to sound like you didn't do a good job because I think you did a great job. These are nit picky things that I'm pointing out . You have a great series here and I enjoyed them. You captured these images very well and should be happy with these photos. Thanks for sharing them.
 
yeah the tones of the photos are not the same because they were taken at different places using natural lighting. (was not going for the same colors for all of them) Didn't really intended to make these appear to be from the same series of shots. They are picked from their respected series (these are more of a thumbnail for each series). Your comments are well taken into account when i do more shots. thx for ur time on critiquing them. :)
 
Good exposures - I always have a hard time getting such a good exposure on subjects/surroundings that have such high contrast.

Moose
 
Great shots, in case I didn't point it out in the earlier thread! The white balance is just not an issue; it's pretty clearly an artistic choice, not a mistake, and I think you used it well. Those high-temp shots don't exactly make for flattering skin tones, but in the right context, it can be a very poignant effect.

Great focus, DOF, and color in every photo. My only criticism is the sort of soft-focus or blur effect, most noticeable in #1 and #4 (assuming this involved some post-proc, which is how I usually do it). Use it judiciously, because it's way over-done these days. :( Sort of like the clichéd "black and white with color highlight" effect...
 
they are all great, except for that last one, you really need to show the eyes for that sort of picture I think.
 
sharp, and well-lit. the 105 Micro and 80-200/2.8D ED (and it's younger sibling, the 70-200/2.8 VR) make me miss my Nikon gear just a little bit (though I'm not going to look down my nose at my L glass)

however, I'm note sure about the use of the glass as a prop. I like to go into a portrait shoot with something in mind, but I think I'm missing what you're trying to communicate in these photos.

shot #1 is my favorite of the bunch. it screams "mystique." the warm light is beautiful.
 
Back
Top