• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Modding my shuttle

toot

n00b
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
14
Just got myself a new rig with the Shuttle SN95G5 Socket 939 and im looking to mod it anyone have any nice suggestions , i was thinking of making a window on the side were my 6800oc will be. :D
 
Hopefully you plan on cutting out the stamped fan grill in the back, if it has one (like every Shuttle I've ever seen)???

I did that with the SN45 I used for my htpc, and it cut my cpu temps by 10 degrees F. :D

Just replace it with a stock wire grill. :cool:
 
How about some pics of your case so those of us that havent memorized all of the cases in the world know what were working with.
 
Fist thing you should do is cut the honeycomb grill in the back. I dont know how the new ones are, but the old ones restricted a lot of airflow.

Last mod I did was an etched window (my wife likes the sun-moon theme, so she chose some pic from the internet). luckyly for me, some motifs were exactly on top of the HSF of the video card, so i cut them out. Thus I get an air inlet right in front of the fan. I think that if i put some lights inside the case the etch will be easier to see and catch your eye more. Also, notice that I bolted the window onto the case, I used some nuts as spacers so that more air gets into the case.

Here is the pic, not quite finished but you get the idea.
shuttle_window_final.jpg


If I had to do it again, I would choose a smaller window that only shows the card, it would be a cleaner look. Also, I am going to cover those screws (all part of the plan) but if you choose some nice hex screws, you won't have to.
 
Back
Top