modding intel hsf

twogunpete

n00b
Quick question. Is there any way to put a different fan on a stock c2d heatsink? The stock heatsink does great for me ,but i think it would be better with a higher rpm fan.

you could prolly mount one with some double sided tape :D

heh, thats what i was thinkin.

or you could zip tie a big 120 mm fan on top of it?

other than that i dont think there are any fans/blades made for replacing that stock one.

ive never seen a fan with that type of mounting bracket like the stock one, i doubt you will easily find one. duct tape it is....

Oh well.Guess i will have to wait till i can buy an aftermarket cooler,i dont want to use duct tape lol.

I would recommend the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. It's what I have and has worked great for me. You don't have to remove your motherboard to install it, and it is better than the stock cooler. I got mine from www.chiefvalue.com for a reasonable price. Newegg is overcharging for them right now.

Really the only time I see heat issues is when i am stress testing , both cores get to about 65c.All of the other time ,even after 6hrs of BF2 temps never get above 51c so I am not too concerned with heat , eventually I would like to see my o/c get higher.:D

Back