Modding an XP-M to an MP CPU

amd_inside

Weaksauce
I remember seeing an article demonstrating the wire trick to turn an XP-M processor into a MP processor. I want to do some research on this because it doesn't sound like a half bad idea. There's one little kink in my plans: I can't find the link!

I've tried every Google search possible (and I'm a pro Googler) but I can't find it :( ...

If anyone saved the link, I'd appreciate the help :) !

Cheers! :D

Are you looking for the L5 Bridge Configuration for the XP-M and MP processors? Because that L5 is what sets either XP-Mobile, MP, or regular XP. Checkout http://fab51.fc2web.com/pc/barton/athlon-e23.html#L5

And depending on the motherboard, you don't even need to mod a XP-M into MP. They are detected as unknown CPU, but are usable in MP configurtion. I don't know of any Pin-Mod trick like the Multiplier Pin-Mod for setting the XP-Mobile into MP, so I would think that playing with the L5 is what you need. There might be a pin-mod, but I definately don't know it.

AXDA2500DKV4D :::C Athlon XP 2500+,Barton Desktop
AXMH2500FQQ4C CC:C Mobile Athlon XP-M 2500+,Barton Mobile
AMSN2800DUT4C C::C Athlon MP Barton 2800+ Multiprocessing

Good luck in your research.

Just thought I'd share that I tried this and it works great.

I was real big into this back in the dual Celeron days of old. (modding 2x 300A slot 1 Celeron's to MP)

I took two XP 2000+ I had in two old servers, a dual MP board, and gave it a whirl, sure enough...

Looks like I just found a cheap way to build some game servers.

Gad

Back