Modding a microsoft optical mouse

Lime

Gawd
hey there. so I just picked up a corded microsoft optical mouse. pretty basic, 3 button scroll wheel optical mouse, because basically, thats all I want. only problem is, it is WAY too light. what would be the best way to go about opening up the mouse? someone has had to have done this before. any reccomendations would be great. heres a picture of the mouse for reference.

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

aw, I thought this was going to be another bloo LED mouse mod thread :(

There should be a screw or two on the bottom of the mouse (maybe covered by the label or possibly the mouse feet). Unfortunately, I've never taken apart that exact mouse.

oh god.

that mouse is easy to get apart... but putting it back together is such a fucking pain. i'd take it back and get a logitech if you want to take it apart, lol.

but for your original question. find a few washers or a bolt that is the right heavyness, and just hot glue the shit out of it.

Falls Included said:
oh god.

that mouse is easy to get apart... but putting it back together is such a fucking pain. i'd take it back and get a logitech if you want to take it apart, lol.

but for your original question. find a few washers or a bolt that is the right heavyness, and just hot glue the shit out of it.

Yeah, I've got some ideas for weights. whats so hard about putting it back together?

edit: had some time and pulled it apart, not hard at all, but not as much room inside as i thought.... best idea for weights? my idea is coins. pennies mostly.

coins sound like a good idea, tell us how that goes and if its miuch different im thinking about doing it to my mouse.

screws are usually under the mouse feet

Back