Modders Are Recreating Red Dead Redemption inside GTA V

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I never did get far in Red Dead Redemption and don’t know how big its world was, but these guys are bringing “the whole map” from RDR into a completely different game, so I suppose that is impressive any way you look at it. Don’t count on any story elements or characters to be included, as that would probably set off the alarms even quicker at Rockstar HQ. Red Dead Redemption 2 is supposedly being shown off at E3, and it may be a prequel.

White Team has announced that it is working on a Red Dead Redemption mod for Grand Theft Auto V. This mod aims to bring the whole map of Red Dead Redemption to GTA V, alongside additional content that will be unveiled later on. White Team aims to release a public version of this mod in Summer 2017, and a teaser trailer will be released soon. This mod will be around 2GB in size and the team is converting the X360 version of the game. The team is remaking a large portion of the normal maps, and will be adding Parallax Occlusion Mapping and Tessellation where applicable.

Things like this are pretty cool. Getting to get some nostalgia of some old games that never came to PC. RDR is a great game. Nonetheless I will not be purchasing RDR 2 until/if it releases on PC. I sure hope Rockstar doesn't make me wait 3-4 years for PC version of games in the future. If so I will not be buying Rockstar games in the future.

Very few of these highly ambitious mods ever see the light of day.

Still though, hoping that they make it a reality because if it ever does get released I'll play the shit out of it.

Until they're shut down by the publisher as usual.

Edit misleading fucking clickbait title mislead. So they're not re-creating the game, only making the map from it in gta as a mod.

Back