modded?

It's up, Angelfire just doesn't like direct linking of pictures... 'cause it's a whore like that :rolleyes:

damn angelfire...bitches! ill just make a page and edit the post with a link!

im confused :confused:

Did u take that case that you have up in the first pic, and mod it to the one in the second and third pic? Because if you did it would be a hell of a job! But to me it looks like you jus bought a new case?

Ha! Thats almost the same response I got when I posted pics of my pre modded computer. They were a bit more ruthless though. Now I have a dremel! :D

I like it none the less. It looks better than the emachine. I like the keyboard.

yeah, when i first posted with the garbage direct angelfire pic links, i put that its not really a mod persay! yeah, a transplant, plus a lot of other work. it was a hell of a time making it how it is. the last time i touched a computer before this was about 2 years ago, so i figured id challenge myself! it all worked out well, though, i did manage to scare myself a few times thinking i broke something! luckily i didnt though! after all was said and done i gained a graphics card, 1gig of RAM, a big temperature drop, like 3 extra USB ports and, well, a pretty cool looking computer! as soon as i get the money, im throwing out that mobo and graphics card and im heading to AGP or PCI-E the processor, hard drive, and optical drive are good (celeron D 2.6ghz, 120 gb seagate HD, and lite-on all in one multiformat dvd-+r/rw, cd-+r/rw) and, well, the floppy is just a floppy! :)

looks good all the same...not exactly a mod, but its better than nothing!

try cutting a few of those petal thinggys out on the computer window..would looks really cool

has anyone ever modded an emachine? Not just a blow hole but really modded it. They look half way decent if not for the logo.

my brother and i cut the 'e' out of the side of one (older celeron 400:rolleyes: but the case was available) and sanded all the paint off. that took a lot of belt sander belts:eek:

btw that optical drive != fit. just imo. clean that wiring a little - it'll help.

as for the wiring-its not even close to the wiring jobs that other folks have out there, but its damn good enough for me! the only wires that are really visible are the round cables, and you can see a little bit of the atx power wires, but they are tucked inside the opposite side of the case. one thing i dont understand is this: round cables are meant for "better airflow", so why do people buy them and completely hide them away in their management? itd be easier just to keep the ribbon cables if youre gonna hide them! thats why i dont hide them! because i think they look pretty cool! man, you shouldve seen that wiring before i actually managed it-whew, it was a HUGE mess! :rolleyes:

Pkirk618 said:
has anyone ever modded an emachine? Not just a blow hole but really modded it. They look half way decent if not for the logo.

I've repaired one (power supply). Fortunately for me, I've never owned one.

I've replaced the PSU fans on forty-six emachines at work once... people were complaining about the noise. 80mm arctic fan 3 TCs (12-18db), for 3 euros each. problem solved :p.

Heh, thanks...man, I forgot this thread even existed! Well, here it is today:

DSCF1172.JPG

DSCF1170.JPG

www.1stclasspcs.com/uploader is a good place to host pics, much better than angelfire anyways

thats a pretty good upgrade from the original emachines case. my parents have one of those emachines in their office and the cases are pretty poorly designed. good job moving your components over to a more decent case

GlobalFear said:
Those transformer cases make me want to cry. :(

sadly...he has a point..

i was oogling the side...untill i saw a glimpse of the front.....*tear*...why...just ...why...

? :D
I know the case aint nice, well I'm gonna mod pretty much on my own also, so don't worry it won't liike lika a powerranger :p

I actually like the case... :D you should post it in the "post your rig" thread in the case mod gallery forum.

Back