Mod ideas for case. Suggestions PLEASE =D

Artluo100

Limp Gawd
I've just been given an emachines computer that doesn't work anymore. Turns on but it doesn't post. Anyway I decided to take it's guts out and mod it. Do you guys see any future in this case? or no? Anyway please feel free to give me ideas on this case, since I don't have one yet.

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

first things first..sticker = off

i say get it painted color of Choice ..not spray paint....and give it a window(s)

lets wait for the Crazy h4x0r modders to give thier insight though.

thats what im thinking, getting it painted and window. anything other than that??

maybe fans too

should i cut a blowhole in the front??

have you seen the hpressurection2 ? it's amazing, i wish i can do something like that. the guy turned an ugly hp case into something really amazing. hmm.

It doesn't seem to have enough room for a nice blowhole, unless you do some sculpturing to to the front of the case to blend it in.

You could also try converting it into a watercooling case with a single 120mm radiator mounted in the top rear provided the power supply isn't in the way.

Also unless you are set on having a 3.5" floppy I would remove the buttons for it and bondo over the holes. After some sanding and a little vinly dye (or something else that paint plastic well) It would look alot better.

Also, what kind of fan (if any will be mounted in the front of the case? You may want to cut some of that plastic to allow for better air flow.

paint it a glossy white

put 1/4" acrylic over all the flat parts

put pictures of what every you want behind the acrylic

have an led shine into the acrylic to light up the pictures at night

first thing. the motherboard is dead. i work on those every day and the motherboard and power supply are incredibly cheap and die all the time.

next. to see what you have to work with for a front blowhole take and look on the bottom of the case right on the front. then put your hand right in there and pull forward. the front bezel comes right off. really though dude with the money and time ur talking about putting into this thing, just buy a cheap 40 dollar case and mod it up. those emachine cases are garbage. and anybody who has actually purchased an emachine is out of their mind. i mean cmon, they used refurbished parts in em.

Window in the side. Cut out a blow hole at top. Go to your local auto zone and pick up a couple cans of spray paint. They're small and $5 each but the quality of the paint is VERY good.

sabrewolf732 said:
Window in the side. Cut out a blow hole at top. Go to your local auto zone and pick up a couple cans of spray paint. They're small and $5 each but the quality of the paint is VERY good.
I've used AutoZone paint to paint a guitar. The stuff rocks. I knock the crap out of the guitar and the paint holds up. :)

GilmourD said:
I've used AutoZone paint to paint a guitar. The stuff rocks. I knock the crap out of the guitar and the paint holds up. :)
agreed. It's good stuff. looks awesome and doesnt chip easily

A.D.FIFTY said:
first thing. the motherboard is dead. i work on those every day and the motherboard and power supply are incredibly cheap and die all the time.

next. to see what you have to work with for a front blowhole take and look on the bottom of the case right on the front. then put your hand right in there and pull forward. the front bezel comes right off. really though dude with the money and time ur talking about putting into this thing, just buy a cheap 40 dollar case and mod it up. those emachine cases are garbage. and anybody who has actually purchased an emachine is out of their mind. i mean cmon, they used refurbished parts in em.

they're actually pretty decent and their support is awesome. At least a nf2 one my cousin brought was decent with a vid card upgrade. And her hd broke, they sent her a prepaid box for the whole computer and had it back within a week of it breaking . I would say that's pretty good service. The cases are alright, any decent modder could make it look good.

A.D.FIFTY said:

yeah my friend said it died, i tested it out, i also figured the psu died too. but i mean if i have time, then why not just mod this case.

Hmm.. I'm thinking about bondoing the floppy disk drive, an make that layer the same level as the cd rom drive since it curves down and after I think I'll make a blow hole thats vertical, not horizontally maybe about 2 or 3 fans.

don't listen to these other idiots. You can easily make the case look nice with some skill.

Paint...
Side window...
LED's...
Rip off stickers...
DVD BURNER Drive...
Rip out floppy... Those things are the devil when it comes to sound...

judging by the case though they wanna make sure they dont want you to mod it... but there are alot of things to do when it comes to moddin!!!

well i have a suggestion.

i was thinking about this the other day at work...what about a USA mod. either a flag mod with lights or a country outline or even an individual state. something american. i might want to do it.

chambersc said:
well i have a suggestion.

i was thinking about this the other day at work...what about a USA mod. either a flag mod with lights or a country outline or even an individual state. something american. i might want to do it.

Heh heh. Then you can put a lifter kit, chrome rollbars and 35" wheels on it. You could fly a conferderate flag off the back and drive it to NASCAR races. :D

going to get supplies sometime this week or so.

i think my friend has an airbrush. is airbrushing better than using spraypaint? if so is there any clear coat for airbrushes??

Artluo100 said:
going to get supplies sometime this week or so.

i think my friend has an airbrush. is airbrushing better than using spraypaint? if so is there any clear coat for airbrushes??

I would say yes. Not sure about clear coat though o_O

get a cool looking blow hole for the front. from the site that sells modders mesh and they sell alot of other cool stuff. like custom made blow holes, case handles and stuff like that - just cant remember the site.

then window on the side. stealth the DVDrom, get h2o if u wanna spend the $$ and stick a Aqua computer rad on the top with the grill on it. hide the pump somewhere nice and get a T line. paint the inside a diff color from the outside and if you want get one of those PSone screens and mod it into the front. if ur nifty with electronics and makeing your own circuit boards and such. create a cover for the PSone screen that would open when the PC turns on and close when the PC turns off.

or maybe this case is too small for any of these ideas, other then that. i would chop the middle out and stick the top and bottom together to make a external h2o enclosure box.

My grandma's emachine sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I think it needs blowholes first, then get rid of the stickers and paint it. Acutally, just buy a new case and mod that. An emachine isn't worth it, imo. :)

...Do they really use refurbished parts? That sucks...

Crap.. looks like I found out that the other side panel doesn't use screws but something else, I don't even think I can take it out. It's just a hole. How am I suppose to take that out?

Artluo100 said:
yeah it's a rivet, how do I drill it out?
Get a drill bit about the size of the hole in the rivet, shove it in the drill, subsequently shove that in the rivet hole, then drill away. It pops out the rivet, but only the rivet. Shouldn't do any damage to the material around it.

banGerprawN said:
Get a drill bit about the size of the hole in the rivet, shove it in the drill, subsequently shove that in the rivet hole, then drill away. It pops out the rivet, but only the rivet. Shouldn't do any damage to the material around it.

Yep.

So what are you doing with it? I'm interested to see how it turns out. If it turns out good, there might yet be hope for mine. :D

As far as Bondo goes, that's great and easy to work with. Just mix it up, put it on, and sand away. It's very simple to get a smooth surface, and if you prime it you shouldn't be able to tell it was Bondo'd at all (of course, a job done right always looks good
biggrin.gif
)

I was actually thinking of saying something about remove the floppy, bondo the hole... but looks like you've thought of that
smile.gif

Back