• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mod Disney's Kingdom Hearts

Ifrit

n00b
Joined
Oct 21, 2011
Messages
1
Hello, you then expose my latest project modding video game based on Disney and Square-Enix "Kingdom Hearts".
The mod is the modification of a case from Cooler Master won a contest.
1.jpg

The mod will consist of the box in silver and blue with the game logo on the right side window and a silhouette of Mickey Mouse, and 4 keys sword (weapon in the game) to cross the box by his side off the other end side opposite.

First I will explain how to make the keys:

To draw them on wood I used tracing paper and a blue sheet of wood 1m ^ 2.

With the jigsaw game I have 4 equal pieces 1 by key:
2.jpg


With the tracing paper I have drawn the key pre-printed:
3.jpg




This is the Sleeping Lion: Sword of Squall Leonhart (Leon)
4.jpg

Distant Memories (It's my favorite)

5.jpg


Once I have drawn the saw cut with care not to damage the wood:
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg



Once cut and painted with the bow tie, following his original model.
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg



Ointed the back I put the chain ornament.
16.jpg

With the keys started work finished sheet once acquired the Dremel:

To begin the work sheet draw the lines with a white wax. On the left side where the window would be in the shape of the mouse.
18.jpg

He then proceeded to cut with the tool (it's my first time) following the drawn line.
19.jpg

Once cut whole is not so bad xD.
20.jpg


Then after cleaning the plate and spray painted it silver.
21.jpg


And not lose track also paint the top of the box to remember it was all black.
22.jpg


Then I started drawing the right side of the heart of the logo which is then cut.
23.jpg

24.jpg


I proceed to give another layer of spray.
25.jpg



Once the sheet metal work continued with the decor this time with the logo:


For this I used Styrofoam painted black for the background of the letters and wrapped Styrofoam to paper mache letters cut and made one by one with cutter.
Final minds are stuck in the plate and placed the crown trimmed of excess metal in the left window.
26.jpg


For placement of the keys I made 2 holes to the plate with a drill to screw them.
27.jpg






This is the support of the Keys, are mimicking the door locks from the worlds of Kingdom Hearts.

28.jpg


Finally I made a silhouette edge to nice touch to give the drawing to the window.
HPIM1747.jpg


To complete and improve the appearance of the organization of wires cut holes for the mounting plate to hide the cables.

HPIM1744.jpg

HPIM1745.jpg

HPIM1746.jpg


Images from the Campus Party Valencia mod.
29.jpg

30.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg


Final result with hidden cables and changed the CPU cooler by Thermaltake Frío.
HPIM1748.jpg
 
Honesty moment:

The idea is very cool and unique, I really like the key's through the PC idea. However...

...The finished product looks not finished at all. The edges are not smooth, the painting looks unfinished, especially around the side panel window, and the final result with what hidden cables, I can see them all. Take apart the rig, sand everything down to smooth edges, repaint, possible re-cut, and then actually hide and perhaps sleeve the cables.

Im not trying to be a jerk, constructive criticism. Take it or leave it.
 
Honesty moment:

The idea is very cool and unique, I really like the key's through the PC idea. However...

...The finished product looks not finished at all. The edges are not smooth, the painting looks unfinished, especially around the side panel window, and the final result with what hidden cables, I can see them all. Take apart the rig, sand everything down to smooth edges, repaint, possible re-cut, and then actually hide and perhaps sleeve the cables.

Im not trying to be a jerk, constructive criticism. Take it or leave it.

Agreed.

Nice idea, but the execution looks rushed.
 
I agree it looks rushed, the paint looks very rushed on the swords, maybe you were going for the rough look in the wood swords, but I have never seen a sword with non-uniformly bumpiness.

I would have also made the swords come out of the top, because the swords coming out of the side takes up a TON of room on the side, plus the top is a bit bland now that there is stuff done to both sides.

I definitely think this can be better done, and it isnt outside your skill level to buff down the rough edges on the metal at the VERY least.
 
OP: Dremeling a curve takes practice. I suggest working with some scrap metal before trying another case mod. Also, french curves and circle templates are your friend. Freehanding stuff tends to be problematic unless you are artistically inclined. The keys through the case is original, but I'm not sure how well they work from a design standpoint. I think the idea could be used in a different way and be pretty awesome. Thanks for posting :)
 
I actually like the right side of the case. Nice job.

The left side not so much, I dont think its all caused by the lack of skill with the dremel.
I think it started with your sketch of the mickey mouse head.

I think if you made the mickeys head smaller, it would have worked much niecer.
Instead of 4 keys maybe 1 would have worked better.

Props on the keys , they got tons of detail and you did a really good job cutting them!
 
Last edited:
Cool idea and at least you finished it.

I like the free hand look with this particular mod because its consistent through and through.

If you want to create smoother lines and such I recommend taking more time planning and practicing on scraps but maybe this is the look you were going for and if it was. Congrats!
 
Back
Top