For some wierd reason, my motherboard is detecting my two 256mb PC133 SDRAM chips as 128mb PC133 SDRAM chips, giving me a maximum of 256mb RAM total, instead of the 512mb I should have.
Euh, motherboard is ECS Elitegroup P6IWP-FE rev 1.x
I updated to BIOS version 1.2, the latest version avaliable for revision 1 motherboards.
Note: at the Power On Self Test(POST) it detects 256mb (well, 260something =S) not the 512 it shoudl detect.
WHAT IS GOING ON?! I can't figure it out... both the cards work perfectly, and my slots are fine (If i try either one by itself in either slot it still detects 256mb as 1x256)
Mobo manual even says that it should support 512mb ram MAX.
Euh, motherboard is ECS Elitegroup P6IWP-FE rev 1.x
I updated to BIOS version 1.2, the latest version avaliable for revision 1 motherboards.
Note: at the Power On Self Test(POST) it detects 256mb (well, 260something =S) not the 512 it shoudl detect.
WHAT IS GOING ON?! I can't figure it out... both the cards work perfectly, and my slots are fine (If i try either one by itself in either slot it still detects 256mb as 1x256)
Mobo manual even says that it should support 512mb ram MAX.