Mobo HSF backplate Question

Snobok

[H]ard|Gawd
I purchased a mobo recently, but I found that the backplate that the HSF retention bracket screws into was missing. When I asked at my local computer shop if they had any spares, they told me that each mobo backplate was different between manufacturers. Is this true for socket AM2+ mobos? The board in question is a DFI Lanparty DK 790FXB-M2RSH.

If I can't find a suitable replacement, I'll need to find a HSF that does not rely on the stock rentention bracket. Can someone recommend me one? I was going to use stock, but I feel like using aftermarket cooling anyway on my PII 920.

im using an asus backplate on my abit board...shouldn't be a problem,on my 939 dfi ultra d i used the same asus backplate.

You'll just have to find a backplate that that doesn't sit on top of the tiny ceramic capacitors and resistors on the back of the board. So....anything that's roughly the same looking as the original one for the board. Almost all popular HSF's I know of expect you to have the retention bracket...

Back