Mobo fried?

BigGreenMat

Limp Gawd
So I turned off my computer normal as usual, and then a little bit later tried to turn it back on again. Nothing. I checked the power cord and unplugged and replugged it in. The case lights, fans, cpu fan, and gpu fan all spin up and things seem to be going just fine, however, I get no post on screen from the motherboard and get nothing coming up. I check all my connections and they are solid. I also notice that the mouse and keyboard don't power on from the mobo USBs. I tried clearing CMOS and again checked all my connections. Same results. It powers on, the mobo power light is on, and everything on the board spins up, but nothing from USB and no post. Anyone got any suggestions on what the problem might be? Right now I am thinking my mobo is just dead (I have had it for years now so it wouldn't be surprising) and I need to either replace it or get a new system. Any suggestions or help is appreciated :).

It is an old 939 system.
Asus A8N SLI deluxe
3600 X2
2gb of RAM
8800 GT

-Mat

did you try checking out your power supply and also try 1 stick of ram in the slots 1 slot at a time ..does it give any beep codes with the ram removed from the board?
all else fails try the board on a table out of the case and see if it will do a minimal boot up .
1 stick of ram ,cpu,and video card....
Its entirely possible that the board has failed as i have seen some fail this way but without trying some diag on it i wouldnt dig a grave yet....
is it still under warrantee with asus? 3yrs i believe....

It is out of warranty as it was purchased 4 years ago. I have tried 1 ram stick in 1 slot. It doesn't give any beep codes as far as I can tell. I am working on trying to get a power supply to test it out with to make sure it isn't a faulty power supply.

Tried the same motherboard a couple of weeks ago....see here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1395202&highlight=4830

Same problem...at first it worked and booted...then it became slower..then no video, no POST, no BIOS, nothing.

I tried everything and I came to the conclusion that it was the motherboard that had the problem :)

Get a new one if you are out of warranty, the sad part is you will probably have trouble finding one for socket 939 at a decent price so you may need to upgrade the CPU and RAM as well.

Back