Mobo fried..... thrice

pcperson

n00b
My friend has had 3 mobo's fry out on him. He is running an fx 53 and has had an Asus a8n and a gigabyte model.3 times these mobos have fried out, i think the asus has gone twice and the gigabyte just went because it was replacing the asus. I thought it was a bit odd to get 3 lemons so im suspecting something other than just bad mobo manufacturing. The processor seems to be unharmed but i guess he wont know until it actually fries with the mobo. Sorry i cant give more information than the basics but if someone has a suspicion about what might be causing this but needs more info, lemme know. Thanks for any help you guys can give about finding out what the problem is here.
BTW, i was thinking it might be the PSU but nothing else has gone bad yet, could it just be the mobo connection on the PSU that is bad? or is this problem something completely different.

it might be the PSU. what is the model/make of the psu he is using?

I suspect the same as swatX, most likely the Powersupply. Seems like luck is on your side. I used to have the Ultra X-Connect 500W. It was faulty and ended up frying my Mobo and ram (expensive ram).
Good luck.

I know it's a longshot, but it might also be the case. My cousin's computer died "thrice" also to a cheap case he got online even after replacing the PSU.

kirbyrj said:
I know it's a longshot, but it might also be the case. My cousin's computer died "thrice" also to a cheap case he got online even after replacing the PSU.
If the motherboard isn't mounted properly, then it could very well be the case. Otherwise, I'd *literally* take a shotgun to the PSU and toss in another.

If it does it again... well, I guess it's time to start pumping rounds into the CD-ROM drive(s). :D

Back