• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mobo for Pentium D 805?

[LYL]Homer said:
These good ones for overclocking?
I've already talked to a couple guys who were getting 3.6 to 3.9GHz on 805s with the stock coolers on P5LD2-VMs. Unfortunately, I didn't get specific details since I didn't ask. I also can't speak to the ABit boards since I haven't looked into those boards specifically.
 
I have a P5LD2-VM with a Pentium D 820 that will only do 3.08 GHz. I wonder if going to a 805 for 134 bucks would be worth it if I can hit 3.6 GHz or more. Do you think that would give me much of a performance boost?
 
By the way, the 3.9GHz is with just the stock cooler.... I can't remember where I read it, but the record for an 805 is something like 4.5GHz (dunno if it was rock stable and if it was, for how long) but I assume that was using the best of the best for hardware with an emphasis on cooling. There were even screenshots posted of a Prime95 window alongside a CPUID window showing the OC along with Speedfan or something showing the temps.

I'm so impressed with the numbers I'm wanting to try it myself... not to go as high as 4.5, but anywhere from 3.6 to 3.9 is perfectly fine... and from a budget processor... that's purty insane!
 
im using the Asus P5ND2-SLI Motherboard , & Retail 805 Chip With A Artic Cooler Freezer 7 PRO .. i hit 4.15 with some patirot 667 signature series memory

EDIT , only 36C idle at that speed & 49C under load , pretty insane for a little guy :)
 


Abit NI-8. Board has a few bugs mainly uGuru.

I had to find all this (OC) out the old fashioned way...100% through the bios.

I would not attempt to use stock when OCing hevily on this board since it is using the silent OTES. I would also recomend having a very good airflow and case.

Thermalright SI 120 S-Flex in an XCLIO case.


Dillusion
abit lg-80 or lg-81, then the asus p5ld2-vm
Problem is finding one. Also a tad pricey.
 
mwave has the LG-81 for ~125$ shipped ;)

And BIOS Ocing is old fashioned? I personally would never OC in windows, yucky.
 
Well, finding limits on board and chip is very time consuming. I like to find limits first then use bios to get perfect.
 
Back
Top